European IT organizations are set to revolutionize the way they deploy, run, and manage IT infrastructure. IDC believes that integrated systems represent a major change in the way customers deploy and operate systems, storage, and networking in European datacenters. IDC's European Integrated Systems research will investigate the impact of integrated systems on individual ICT industry sectors and report on the context of integrated system deployments and how to address the associated opportunities in Western Europe. Integrated systems are a step up compared with reference architectures, as they are typically sold as pre-integrated blocks of datacenter hardware and software. They can be divided into two categories that this CIS service will monitor closely.
- Integrated infrastructure systems (workload-agnostic, virtualization-centric blocks comprising network-level resource control, automation software, and datacenter hardware)
- Integrated platform systems (workload-specific hardware stacks in which the application or middleware elements are pre-integrated and dictate the whole engineering effort)
- 2013 European Integrated System Adoption Trends
- European Integrated Systems Forecast, 2014–2018
- EMEA Integrated System Vendor Profiles
- 2013 European Integrated Systems Market Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the underlying drivers leading IT organizations to adopt integrated systems?
- What are the adoption rates for integrated systems among European organizations?
- Which are the leading European suppliers of hardware and software for integrated systems?
- What is the market size and five-year forecast for integrated system vendor revenue?
- Which geographies are seeing faster adoption of integrated solutions?
- What are the usage models and business case for integrated systems?
IDC's European Integrated Systems research reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the datacenter convergence market, including:
Bull, Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, HP, Hitachi, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, Red Hat, SAP, VCE, VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.