From Traditional to Cloud Services: Navigating Into the Future
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., U.S. Eastern Time
Navigating across a world of services that has expanded from traditional means of delivery to newer options referred to as cloud services has become increasingly complex and resulted in customers roaming what seems like a maze of aisles and shelves stacked with services offerings that on one hand seem like identical twins and yet on another seem to have no resemblance at all. IDC believes that success for both services and technology firms in this new world requires that they not only develop a framework that clearly states how these two worlds interact and align but also use this framework to help both customers and vendors themselves migrate as seamlessly as possible to cloud services. Vendors will also need to build their own road maps of transformation - road maps that will touch every aspect of a provider's business from branding, sales, operations, offerings, and ecosystem of partners.
In this Web conference, IDC's Worldwide Services group will present a newly developed services market framework that assesses and defines the relationship between traditional and cloud services across the full breadth of 15 services markets. As part of this presentation, IDC will provide insight into the following key questions for which the framework offers in-depth analysis and answers.
- Do cloud services represent a set of new services markets?
- Do they represent a new means (e.g., the how) in which services are provisioned for existing markets?
- Do cloud services represent a new business model of providing IT and/or business process services?
- What is the impact of cloud services on the current taxonomy of services markets?
- How will cloud services impact current services markets and future opportunities?
The Web conference will conclude with a set of IDC recommendations for both services and technology vendors that will provide guidance for navigating into the future in areas such as branding, marketing and sales; business model requirements; as well as ecosystem partnerships and positioning. IDC will also offer its view of how to cross the chasm of cannibalization. We hope you can attend this useful and informative briefing.
- David Tapper, Vice President, Outsourcing and Offshore Services
- Marianne Kolding, Vice President, European Services
Audio replays of this Web conference are available to all registered participants starting the day after the event.
If you have questions about how to participate in this web conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.