IDC's Wireline Network Infrastructure service analyzes the opportunities and challenges for network infrastructure suppliers selling to communications service providers. This service focuses on the deployment of key network infrastructure products that provide enhanced IP services. This service covers access, routing and switching, and optical networking market segments in significant detail. Research includes quantitative and qualitative market assessments as well as forecasts of market trends, technology requirements, and deployment strategies.
- Carrier Ethernet (routing and switching) forecast and opportunities
- Service provider routers (core and edge)
- Optical networking
- Next-generation network (NGN) infrastructure
- Broadband access (xDSL, PON, and EADs)
- Video infrastructure and trends
- Service provider routers and the migration of Ethernet into the core networks
- Wireless backhaul applications and trends
- Issues in optical network deployments
- Technology convergence of the wireline and wireless infrastructure
- Worldwide Carrier Ethernet Forecast and Market Share
- Worldwide Service Provider Routing Forecast and Analysis
- Optical Networking Forecast and Market Share
- Worldwide Access Infrastructure Forecast and Analysis
- Technology Evolution Insights
- Telecom Equipment Market Share and Forecasts
- Consulting and White Papers
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How will the service provider router and switch market evolve to meet the growing demand for video distribution, broadband, and business services?
- What is the market opportunity of 40G and 100G systems?
- What technology trends in OTN are helping drive 40G/100G migration strategies?
- How and when will leading service providers converge their networks?
- What is the opportunity for wireless backhaul, and what new backhaul solutions are evolving?
- Which networking vendors are best positioned to increase market share among service providers in 2012?
IDC's Wireline Network Infrastructure service examines how infrastructure suppliers are positioning themselves to compete in the service provider market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of infrastructure suppliers as well as their customers in this space, including:
Accenture, ADTRAN, ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Allot, ANDA, Arris, Brocade, Calix, Ciena, Cisco Systems, Comverse, ConteXtream, ECI, Ekinops, Ericsson, Extreme Networks, F5, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, Infinera, Juniper Networks, LG Electronics, Microsoft, Motorola, MRV, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, Oracle, SeaChange, Spirent, Sycamore, Tejas, Tellabs, Tollgrade, Toshiba, Transmode, UTStarcom, XKL, Zhone, ZTE, and ZyXEL.
For IT suppliers or IT buyers doing business planning and budgeting, sales and marketing, or performance measurement, we have the custom offerings to optimize your success at every stage of your business. Our data- and content-driven approach helps you make better decisions, drive more effective marketing programs, and effectively measure your success — resulting in a greater return on your investment.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global end-user requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com.