IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Mobile and Internet Services research analyzes the strategies and tactics of mobile and fixed-line network operators as broadband exerts an increasingly dominant role on their industry. This service details and analyzes the services, business models, and competitive players that are emerging as fixed and mobile networks converge, and as they evolve from telecoms-centric to Internet-centric infrastructures. Through a combination of informed, insightful commentary and in-depth market analysis, IDC's analyst team helps clients understand and respond to major developments in the fast-changing world of telecoms and broadband services.
Europe, Middle East and Africa Mobile and Internet Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Service pricing and marketing trends
- Business models and the competitive landscape
- Industry structure and the regulatory environment
- Network operators’ strategies
- Mobile data service development, from HSPA, to LTE and beyond
- The extension of copper, and the migration from copper to fiber
- Mobile communications: voice, messaging, and content sharing
- The role of TV services in telco portfolios and strategies
- The use of mobile devices for financial transactions
- Trends in the use of mobile and Internet devices by end users
- Reports analyzing topics of immediate and long-term importance
- Market forecasts for mobile services
- Market forecasts for fixed-line broadband services
- Commentary on and analysis of industry events
- Smartphone tracker quarterly overview
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How to maximize growth and profitability for next-generation broadband?
- What is the impact of technology on operator portfolios and strategies? (4G+, VoLTE, VoWiFi, 5G, fiber, vectoring, G.Fast, etc.)
- What are the important trends in telecoms industry structure and regulation?
- What are the long-term prospects for mobile-only and fixed-only operators?
- How should network operators handle relationships with OTT service providers?
- What are the key trends in service bundling, and what role does TV play in network operators' business?