IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Mobile and Internet Services research analyzes the strategies and tactics of network operators as broadband exerts an increasingly dominant role on their industry. This Continuous Intelligence Service details and analyzes the services, business models, and competitive players that are emerging as fixed and mobile networks evolve from telecoms-centric to Internet-centric infrastructures. Through a combination of informed, insightful commentary and in-depth market analysis, IDC's analyst team helps clients understand and respond to major developments in the fast-changing world of telecoms and broadband services.
- Business models and the competitive landscape
- Mobile broadband service development, from HSPA to LTE
- The migration from copper-based to fibre-based access
- Mobile communications: voice, messaging, and content sharing
- The migration of mobile internet from native OS apps to the Web
- Service pricing and marketing trends
- The impact of VoIP and IP messaging on network operators
- Operators’ service strategies
- Combinations of commerce, advertising, and location
- The evolution of mobile phones into multimedia computing devices, and its impact on services and business models
- The expanding range of Internet access devices used by consumers and their impact on services and business models
- The migration from device-based to cloud-based content
- Device trends and service development
- Network operator strategies
- The impact of regulatory trends on services
- Market forecasts for mobile services
- Market forecasts for fixed-line broadband services
- Smartphone tracker quarterly overview descriptions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How are operators and other players in the value chain reacting to changes in the market and how are their strategies evolving?
- What services are driving demand for high-speed broadband?
- What devices and technologies are users adopting, and what is their significance for service development?
- How are operators handling the impact of growing data volumes on their networks?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of network operators, device vendors, software vendors, and service providers in the EMEA market for Internet and mobile services.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.