IDC's Hardcopy Industry Transformation provides strategic market guidance and insights for vendors responsible for driving innovation in their ouput offerings and output infrastructure solutions. This program is designed to examine new opportunities in output as it relates to transformative technologies including, but not limited to, cloud, mobility, social media, Big Data, the Internet of Things (IoT), and 3D printing. The output market will see significant changes to its practices and business models over the next few years as more organizations focus on the digital transformation of internal and external communications. This program is a requirement for printing equipment manufacturers and software vendors that are seeking to expand their potential beyond traditional document solutions revenue streams.
- Cloud, mobility, social media, and Big Data's impact on traditional print and evolving document-intensive business processes
- End-user attitudes/adoption of cloud, mobility, social media, and Big Data in document environments
- Transformation strategies
- Business communication technologies that complement print
- Print infrastructure and IoT
- Impact of emerging technologies
- Device management, print management, and output management market analysis
- Mobile Technologies' (Smartphones, Tablets) Impact on Document-Intensive Business Processes
- Competitive Analysis of Vendors' Transformational Acquisitions
- End-User Research Examining Business Processes Being Digitized
- Big Data/Analytics' Impact on Print and Document Processing
- Cloud's Role in Document-Intensive Business Processes
- Mobile Print and Scan MaturityScape
- MaturityScape Benchmark Document Solutions (Device, Print, and Output Management) Market Forecasts and Vendor Shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How do printing equipment manufacturers and document solutions providers reinvent themselves as part of the market's transition to emerging alternatives to traditional print?
- What opportunities are cloud, mobility, social media, and Big Data opening up for document solution providers?
- What tactics and strategies are vendors implementing to transform their business? Who is on the right path?
- What are the keys to success in the various document-intensive vertical industries? What tactics are vendors using?
- How are complementary/adjacent business communications technologies being implemented into vendors' "traditional" product portfolios?
Brother Industries, Ltd., CA Technologies, Inc., Canon Inc., Dell Inc., Eastman Kodak Company, Fujitsu Limited, HP Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., Nuance Communications, Inc., Oki Electric Industry Company, Limited, OpenText Corporation, PaperCut Software International Pty Ltd., Ricoh Company, Ltd., Samsung, Seiko Epson Corp., Sharp Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Xerox Corporation, Y Soft Corporation, a.s.
Sr. Research Analyst, Imaging, Printing and Document Solutions
Program Vice President, Imaging, Printing & Document Solutions
Research Director, Imaging, Printing, and Document Solutions