IDC's Enabling Technologies: Cloud and Enterprise Infrastructure report series analyzes the vendors, technologies, and markets for enabling technologies being sold in server, storage, networking, and security systems that are the major components in the enterprise infrastructure and the datacenters of cloud service providers (Google, Facebook, Amazon, and more). The massive increase in IP data traffic over the next several years is expected to drive significant architectural shifts to enable scalability, flexibility, and security, which will impact the value chain of these systems — semiconductor providers, ODMs, and OEMs — and hence the purchase and adoption of semiconductors.
- Microprocessors, SoCs, communications processors, and graphics processors used in cloud infrastructure equipment: servers, storage systems, switches, routers, and security appliances
- Coverage of emerging cloud applications based on ARM CPU architecture SoCs
- Market forecasts for total semiconductor revenue in cloud infrastructure equipment
- Technology trends driving architectural evolution such as virtualization and software-defined networking
- Vendors delivering solutions for cloud infrastructure — notably details on enterprise processor shipments by Intel and AMD
- Technology shifts, including the semiconductor process advancements and processor architectures and their implications on semiconductor vendors that are targeting the cloud infrastructure
- DRAM supply, demand, megabyte per system, and pricing trends
- NAND flash memory supply, demand, megabyte per system, and pricing trends
- Cloud Infrastructure Semiconductor Taxonomy
- Worldwide Communications Processor Forecast for Cloud Infrastructure 2017–2021
- Market Analysis with Competitive Analysis on Communications Processors Being Sold into Cloud Infrastructure
- Worldwide DRAM Demand and Supply Update
- Worldwide NAND Flash Demand and Supply Update
- Cloud Services Vendor Infrastructure Technology Assessment: Computing, Networking, Storage, and Security
- Worldwide Enterprise/Datacenter Microprocessor Vendor Shipment Detail (Quarterly)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Who are the major semiconductor vendors selling into the server, storage, networking, and security systems deployed in internet cloud service datacenters and enterprise networks?
- What are the major technologies in the cloud infrastructure market?
- What is the size and outlook of the semiconductor market for cloud infrastructure?
- What are the technology adoption practices of the cloud infrastructure providers?
- What key trends are driving growth?
ARM, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Avago Technologies Limited, Broadcom Limited, Cavium, Inc., Intel Corporation, M/A-COM Technologies Solutions Holdings, Inc., Marvell Technology Group Ltd., NETRONOME SYSTEMS, INC., NVIDIA Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., QUALCOMM Incorporated, Renesas Electronics Corporation, STMicroelectronics N.V., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Toshiba Corporation, Xilinx, Inc.
Research Director, Cloud and Enterprise Infrastructure Enabling Technologies & IoT Security
Research Vice President, Computing Semiconductors