IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Telco Cloud Opportunities service analyzes the market for cloud services sold by telcos and network service providers to business customers of all sizes. It covers cloud infrastructure, platforms, and software (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) as well as telco cloud business models and go-to-market issues such as cloud marketplaces and brokering, partnering, and market positioning. End-user survey data is presented showing the cloud-related plans and concerns of businesses in EMEA, and their attitudes to telcos as providers of cloud services.
- Cloud infrastructure services (IaaS) and telco IaaS strategies
- Telco cloud marketplaces and cloud brokering
- Telco approaches to PaaS and SaaS
- Telco cloud partnering and ecosystems
- Cloud-enabling network services such as VPN-to-cloud interconnect
- Carrier and carrier-neutral colocation services
- European Cloud and Datacenter Connectivity Services
- The European Telco Opportunity for Cloud Marketplaces
- European Colocation Services Forecast, 2015–2019
- European Business End-User Survey — Cloud Opportunities for Telcos
- European Telco Cloud Services Forecast, 2015–2019
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment. Europe, Middle East and Africa Telco Cloud Opportunities.
- Where are telco competitors positioned in the cloud market and what are their portfolios and strategies?
- How can telcos/network service providers differentiate their cloud services and strategies from pure-play, software, and traditional IT companies?
- Which areas of the cloud market should telcos compete in and which areas, if any, should they not?
- What new and disruptive service and business models does cloud open up for telcos, and how should telcos approach them?
- What cloud services do users need and want, and how do they perceive telcos as cloud service providers?
- How large is the market for telco cloud services now, and how will it grow over the next five years?
IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Telco Cloud Opportunities service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the telco cloud market, including:
AT&T, Belgacom, BT Business/Global Services, Colt, Deutsche Telekom/T-Systems, Easynet, eircom, Interoute, KPN, Level 3, NTT, Orange Business Services, OTE, Portugal Telecom, SFR, Swisscom, Tata Communications, TDC, Telecom Italia, Telefónica, Telekom Austria, Telenor, TeliaSonera, Telstra Global, Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Versatel, Virgin Media Business, and Vodafone.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.