IDC Predictions 2013: System Infrastructure Software
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., U.S. Eastern Time
To register for this event, please click here.
IDC's System Infrastructure Software team presents its annual Top 10 Predictions Web conference. In this presentation, the team will address hot topics such as the growing use of open source cloud system software, the changing dynamics of enterprise systems management software markets and margins, the shift toward multi-hypervisor environments, the use of Linux as the engine for public clouds, and our expectations for market reaction to the new wave of Windows products.
The Web conference will address the following topics and more:
- The impact of hybrid data center architectures and converged systems on infrastructure software markets and margins
- How BYOD and mobile first strategies change systems and desktop management software OS priorities and the use of client virtualization technologies
- To what extent open source cloud system software and Linux will displace paid infrastructure software implementations
- The role service providers will play in shaping infrastructure software markets going forward
- How big data and predictive analytics will transform systems management software markets
- Expected market reactions to updated Microsoft Azure and new Windows 8 offerings
- Jean Bozman, Research Vice President, Enterprise Servers
- Gary Chen, Research Manager, Enterprise Virtualization Software
- Iris Feng, Research Analyst, Virtualization and System Software
- Al Gillen, Program Vice President, System Software
- Tim Grieser, Program Vice President, Enterprise System Management Software
- Mary Johnston Turner, Research Vice President, Enterprise System Management Software
- Brett Waldman, Senior Research Analyst, Client Virtualization
Audio replays of this Web conference are available to all registered participants starting the day after the event.
If you have questions about how to participate in this web conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.