IDC Predictions 2013: Application Development & Deployment
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., U.S. Eastern Time
To register for this event, please click here.
2013 will be an important year that will resolve many of the tensions that have built up in the technology industry throughout 2012.
Developer ecosystems will continue to build out around the traditional skill-sets but movement across ecosystems will quicken as new platforms establish considerable traction. Mobile application development will change the way enterprises think about client application architectures. And social middleware enablement will continue as social interaction has already gone mainstream in certain sectors like sales and marketing.
In this Web conference, IDC's Application Development & Deployment team will explore the following questions:
- How is the way software is being built changing? And what will enterprises do to accommodate these changes?
- How much will mobile device platforms encroach on traditional operating systems?
- What strategies will organizations employ to significantly drive down the cost of IT?
- What's happening with cloud? Will PaaS finally build enough momentum to become important or will SaaS and IaaS simply expand their scope and limit PaaS growth?
- Will in-memory databases finally become mainstream in 2013?
- How are data and application infrastructures aligning to support real time decisioning and process automation?
- How important are licensing models to the adoption of cloud services and what impact will they have on developer behavior?
- Melinda Ballou, Program Director, Application Life Cycle Management Service
- Maureen Fleming, Program Vice President, Business Process Management and Middleware
- Chandana Gopal, Research Manager, Multi-Enterprise Integration
- Stephen Hendrick, Group Vice President, Application Development & Deployment
- Al Hilwa, Program Director, Application Development Software
- Carl Olofson, Research Vice President, Database Management and Data Integration Software Research
- Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, Content Management and Digital Technologies
Audio replays of this Web conference are available to all registered participants starting the day after the event.
If you have questions about how to participate in this Web conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.