Digitalization, enabled and fueled by 3rd Platform technologies (cloud, mobility, Big Data, and social business) and accelerators (Internet of Things, next-generation security, virtual reality, cognitive systems, robotics, and 3D printing), reshapes the ICT industry across all verticals and geographies. The network and related services become key in ensuring business success in the digital age. IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Enterprise Networks and Life-Cycle Services research analyzes the dynamics of the network equipment and life-cycle services market, and provides strategic advice for vendors and solution providers on how to monetize opportunities.
- Enterprise networking equipment including LAN switches (Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Layer 2/3/4–7, modular, fixed managed, and fixed unmanaged), routers (residential, SOHO, low-end, midrange, high-end) IP telephony and videoconferencing
- EMEA network life-cycle services (NLS): consulting and integration, outsourcing (managed), support and training
- Trends around SDN, SD-WAN, and network virtualization and the impact on enterprise network and related services
- Network and service requirements today and in 2025
- The link between IoT, Big Data and next generation networks, and network transformation
- EMEA Network Equipment Forecast, 2016–2021
- EMEA Datacenter Network Infrastructure Forecast, 2016–2021
- EMEA IP Telephony and Videoconferencing Forecast, 2016–2021
- EMEA Network Life-Cycle Services Forecast, 2016–2021
- SWOT Analyses of Key Network Life-Cycle Services Players
- IoT, Networks and Network Managed Services
- Cloud Managed Networking and the Impact of Automation
- Network Virtualization and the Impact on Networks and Managed Services
- Networking in 2020: Trends, Adoption, Winners in a World Shaped by SDN, IoT, Cloud and Big Data.
- European Enterprise Communications Survey results, 2017 reflecting Real-Time Networking Needs of Enterprises in Europe
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which enterprise infrastructure and life-cycle services do enterprises use today and what are their future requirements?
- How can players in this market ensure that they stay relevant in the cloud/virtualization era and be profitable?
- What is the market size and forecast of the specific network infrastructure categories, including in the datacenter?
- What is the impact of software-defined networking and IoT on the NLS market?
- What is the impact of access network virtualization on networks and related services?
- Who are the key players and how do they stack up?
ADTRAN, Inc., AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Aerohive Networks, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Atos S.A., Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, Belkin International, Inc., Brocade Communications Systems, Buffalo Inc., Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, D-Link Corporation, Dell Inc., Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom AG, Extreme Networks, Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Juniper Networks, Inc., LM Ericsson Telephone Company, Logicalis Group Limited, Meru Networks, Inc., Mitel Networks Corporation, NETGEAR, Inc., Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, OneAccess Networks SA, Orange S.A., Polycom, Inc., Proximus PLC, Riverbed Technology, Inc., Ruckus Wireless, Inc., ShoreTel, Inc., Swisscom AG, TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd., Technicolor S.A., Telecom Italia SpA, Telefonica S.A., TeliaSonera Aktiebolag, Unify Inc., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited, ZyXEL Communications Inc.
Associate Vice President, European Software and Services
Program Manager, Telecoms Netw., CEE
Senior Research Analyst, European Telecommunications and Networking