IDC's Internet of Things: Consumer report series helps customers understand the evolving ecosystem of connected consumer devices and applications. The report series analyzes the enabling technologies and protocols, devices and services, and strategies and platforms that encompass the consumer IoT market, identifying the keys to defensible differentiation and sustainable, high-margin businesses. This report series complements the Worldwide Consumer Market Model (WCMM) pivot table service, delivering forecasts on a broad range of consumer technologies.
- Semiannual reports on the adoption of digital consumer devices and services across a broad range of categories, including shipments, revenue, installed base, and household penetration
- Consumer awareness, understanding, and the adoption of consumer IoT devices, applications, and technologies
- Consumer IoT applications such as home monitoring and security, automation, control, networked entertainment in the home, personal health and wellness, and transportation
- Developments of consumer IoT technology and services, including intelligent assistants, voice and gesture interfaces, security, home automation protocols, and wireless versus wired networking and connectivity technologies
- Taxonomy of the consumer IoT ecosystem: Market organization, key segments, technologies, and applications
- Consumer IoT platforms and vendor strategies
- Forecasts of Consumer Internet of Things Device Unit Shipments, Revenue, Installed Base, and Household Penetration
- Forecasts of Consumer Digital Devices based on the Worldwide Consumer Market Model
- Worldwide Home Networking Forecast and Analysis
- Consumer Device-Based Intelligent Assistants Forecast
- Panel Consumer Surveys on Attitudes Toward and Usage of Advanced Digital Applications and Consumer Internet of Things
- Consumer Connected Car Technologies and Applications Analysis
- Taxonomy of the Consumer IoT ecosystem
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How are consumer IoT devices, services, and applications being adapted by households across the globe?
- How will successful consumer IoT platforms and technologies develop?
- What role will wireless and landline broadband service providers play in the connected home, and how will they drive the market for networked applications?
- How will the adoption of various devices impact the consumer experiences and expectations of tomorrow?
- How do attitudes toward and the adoption of consumer IoT applications and technologies differ across geographies?
- What role will service providers play in consumer IoT, and how will they drive the market for networked applications?
- What role will new interfaces, including voice and gesture, play in advancing consumer IoT adoption?
ASUSTeK Computer Inc., AT&T Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Aktiebolaget Electrolux, Amazon.com, Inc., Analog Devices, Inc., Apple Inc., Belkin International, Inc., Broadcom Corporation, Buffalo Inc., CONEXANT, INC., CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Cox Communications, Inc., D-Link Corporation, DIRECTV, DISH Network Corporation, Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Facebook, Inc., Fitbit, Inc., Flextronics International Limited, General Electric Company, GoPro, Inc., Google Inc., HP Inc., Haier Group, Honeywell International Inc., IBM, Imation Corp., Intel Corporation, LG Corp., Logitech international S.A., Matsushita Battery Industrial, Microsoft Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Inc., NETGEAR, Inc., NXP Semiconductors Italia S.P.A., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Netflix, Inc., PIONEER CORPORATION, PLANTRONICS, INC., Panasonic Corporation, QUALCOMM Incorporated, Royal Philips Electronics, STMicroelectronics N.V., Samsung, Siemens AG, Sony Corporation, Sprint Corporation, Technicolor S.A., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Time Warner Inc., Toshiba Corporation, VIZIO, INC., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vivint, Inc.