IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Internet of Things Spending Guide examines the Internet of Things (IoT) opportunity from a country, industry, use case, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's custom query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the emerging IoT market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the IoT market:
- Regions: 8 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America
- Countries: The United States, Canada, Japan, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Rest of CEE, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, PRC, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Rest of Asia Pacific, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America
- Hardware: Modules/sensors, storage, servers, and security hardware
- Software: IoT purpose-built platforms, analytics software, application software, and security software
- Services: IT and installation services and ongoing or content services
- Use cases: Connected vehicles, air traffic monitoring, clinical care, insurance telematics, personal wellness, smart appliances, remote health monitoring, smart buildings, environmental monitoring and detection, and more
- Industries: Banking, insurance, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, transportation, healthcare provider, government, education, telecommunications, and more
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- The definition of Internet of Things defined from an IT and operational process perspective
- The market size and industry opportunity by specific country and technology
- The industry market drivers impacting Internet of Things growth
- Adoption levels and ways that end users investing and allocating their budgets towards Internet of Things use cases
- The preferred Internet of Things vendors
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What constitutes Internet of Things processes?
- What are the different horizontal, vertical, and industry-specific IT elements that make up the Internet of Things market?
- How will Internet of Things adoption vary by region, country, and industry?
- How will the Internet of Things IT market grow over the forecast period by industry and use case?
- Which vertical markets will show greater growth and IT market opportunity around Internet of Things processes?
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Internet of Things Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Country and industry level total addressable IoT market sizing – delivered semiannually
Specific industry use cases to help illustrate how IoT is impacting various industries
Analysis of end-user spend and trends on IoT technologies
Research Manager, IoT, Customer Insights and Analysis
Group Vice President, Customer Insights and Analysis