IDC's European Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service offers a holistic view on the opportunity presented by the Internet of Things, including sensors, gateways, connectivity, purpose-built platforms, analytics, security, and professional services. This is complemented by end-user and vertical market perspectives. The service addresses this immediate tactical need through continuous, high-quality information outlining the shape and direction of the IoT markets. The service gives high-level access to IDC's ICT research, which is broad in terms of geography, product type, and theme coverage. This is complemented by insights into user requirements for technology and is designed to provide a succinct overview of the subjects covered.
- Overall ICT market opportunity around IoT in Europe
- The importance of platforms within the IoT ecosystem
- IoT opportunity for software companies, services companies, and telecom operators in Europe
- The evolution of the IoT ecosystem
- IoT in key industry sectors today and tomorrow
- Successful IoT implementations in Europe
- IoT Partners Ecosystem
- Market Analysis Perspective on the Internet of Things in Europe
- IoT Professional Services Competitive Analysis
- The Internet of Things Top 10 Predictions for 2018 in Europe
- European Internet of Things Market Analysis and Forecast, 2017–2022
- Studies covering IoT opportunities for connectivity, IT services, and software players
- IDC Links and Flashes on European IoT developments
- Multiple case studies on successful IoT implementations
- Interviews and profiles of leading IoT users
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the IoT 360 view in Europe? How will the ecosystem develop and where will traditional ICT vendors fit within it?
- How will the IoT market be segmented and which vendor types will be best placed to benefit?
- Which of the industry sectors will provide the biggest drivers for IoT adoption?
- How big is the IoT opportunity in Europe and how fast will it grow?
- What will be the most effective business models in the emerging IoT ecosystem?
- What is the end user sentiment towards IoT implementation, their challenges and drivers
Accenture plc, Amazon.com, Inc., Atos S.A., BT Group plc, Belgacom Group, Cisco Systems, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, Deutsche Telekom AG, France Telecom SA, HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, LM Ericsson Telephone Company, Microsoft Corporation, Orange S.A., PTC, Inc., Proximus PLC, SAP AG, Vodafone Group Plc