IDC's Security Solutions: Security in the Cloud analyzes security solutions for customers moving datacenter and other applications to the cloud. While security was often cited as the number 1 obstacle to cloud implementations, increasingly some customers see cloud as more secure, cost effective, and customer responsive than in-house capabilities. Consistent with this trend, datacenters are moving quickly to a mix of private, hybrid, and public cloud-based datacenters. As a result, customers want security solutions for private and public clouds with a common basis in consolidated policy, monitoring, and control. This special report series analyzes these customers' issues and highlights solutions.
- Public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Virtualized security software
- Virtual security appliances
- Secure cloud service providers
- Security in the Cloud Taxonomy and Definitions
- Security in the Cloud Forecast and Analysis
- Security in the Cloud Survey
- Security in the Cloud Vendor Profile
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How do customers decide between public, private, and hybrid clouds?
- Can security accelerate customer movement to the cloud?
- How do CIOs reconcile the tension between risk, cost, and user experience?
- How are customers virtualizing security in physical and virtual datacenters?
- How can cloud security gateways protect and manage other cloud-based datacenter services?