IDC's European Vertical Markets service analyzes ICT buying trends and patterns across all key vertical industries in Western Europe. The research employs a blend of sources and evaluation techniques to estimate IT spending size and growth, depending on drivers and inhibitors typical of each industry. Our analysis covers business and ICT trends by industry, with a focus on investment areas including enterprise solutions, security, virtualization, cloud computing, social media, Big Data, and mobile applications.
- Key vertical markets including banking, insurance, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, construction, business services, transport, communications, media, utilities, central government, local government, healthcare, and education
- 16 Western European countries
- Vertical markets in the European economy: structure and performance indicators
- Vendor initiatives in key verticals
- User survey analysis by vertical market
- Solution adoption by vertical market
- Business and IT requirements by vertical market
- Mobile solution opportunities
- Server and storage opportunities
- Cloud and software as a service (SaaS), social media, and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Vertical forum review
- Western European IT Vertical Markets: Market Trends and Five-Year Forecast, and Quarterly Pivot Table
- Western European Vertical Markets: Benchmarking IT Against GDP and Total Employment
- IS Budget Dynamics, Channel Selection, and Vendor Satisfaction Across Vertical Markets in Western Europe, an IDC Survey
- Business and IT Priorities in Western European Vertical Markets
- Cloud, Social Media, Big Data, and Mobile Solutions in Western European Vertical Markets
- Internet of Things across Western Europe Vertical Markets: New Lights on Opportunities and Use Cases, Building a Connected World — an IDC Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the top opportunity verticals in Europe?
- What are the vertical market IT solutions and telecommunications requirements in Europe?
- What are the vertical market trends for servers and storage?
- What are the vertical market trends for IT services?
- How much will vertical industries spend on IT by country?
- What is the rate of adoption of horizontal and industry-specific applications by vertical?
- How will SaaS change spending patterns in organizations across verticals?
IDC's European Vertical Markets service examines how ICT providers are positioning themselves to compete in European vertical markets. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in European vertical markets, across all technology areas, including:
Accenture, Atos, BT, Bull, Capgemini, Cisco, CA Technologies, Dell, EMC, Exact, Deutsche Telekom, France Telecom, Fujitsu Siemens, HDS, HP, IBM, Infor, Logica, Microsoft, Oracle, RIM, SAP, Salesforce.com, Symantec, TCS, Telecom Italia, and Telefónica.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.