IDC's European Vertical Markets service analyzes ICT buying trends and patterns across all key vertical industries in Western Europe. The research employs a blend of sources and evaluation techniques to estimate IT spending size and growth by analyzing specific drivers and inhibitors within each industry. Our research covers business and ICT trends by industry with a focus on investment areas including enterprise solutions, security, cloud, mobile, social, Big Data, the Internet of Things, and other Innovation Accelerators.
- Key vertical markets including banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, communications, media, utilities, transportation, professional services, personal and consumer services, construction, resource industries, central government, local government, healthcare, education, and the consumer sector
- 16 Western European countries
- Vertical markets in the European economy: structure and performance indicators
- Vendor initiatives in key verticals
- User survey analysis by vertical market
- Business and IT requirements by vertical market
- Enterprise solution investments by vertical market
- Server and storage opportunities
- Mobile solution adoption and investment plans
- Cloud and software as a service (SaaS)
- Big Data, social media, and the Internet of Things
- Vertical forum review
- Western European IT Spending by Vertical Market: Market Trends, Five-Year Forecast, and Quarterly Highlights
- Western European Vertical Markets: Benchmarking IT Against GDP and Total Employment
- IS Budget Dynamics, Channel Selection, and Vendor Satisfaction Across Vertical Markets in Western Europe — An IDC Survey
- Business and IT Priorities in Western European Vertical Markets
- Cloud, Social Media, Big Data, and Mobile Solutions in Western European Vertical Markets
- Internet of Things Across European Vertical Markets: Opportunities and Use Cases, Building a Connected World — An IDC Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the top opportunity verticals in Europe?
- What are the vertical market IT, solutions, and telecommunications requirements in Europe?
- How much will vertical industries spend on IT by country?
- How are investment plans evolving in each vertical for horizontal technologies and industry-specific solutions and use cases?
- How will 3rd Platform adoption change spending patterns in organizations across verticals?
Accenture plc, Atos S.A., BT Group plc, CGI Group Inc., Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, EMC Corporation, Exact Holding N.V., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infor Global Solutions, Inc., Infosys Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP AG, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Siemens AG, Symantec Corporation, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Telefonica S.A., The Sage Group plc
European Industry Solutions Manager, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Manager, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis