IDC's European Vertical Markets service analyzes ICT buying trends and patterns across all key vertical industries in Western Europe. The research employs a blend of sources and evaluation techniques to estimate IT spending size and growth, by analyzing specific drivers and inhibitors within each industry. Our research covers business and ICT trends by industry with a focus on investment areas including enterprise solutions, security, cloud, social media, Big Data, mobility, and the Internet of Things.
- Key vertical markets including: banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, communications, media, utilities, transportation, professional services, personal and consumer services, construction, resource industries, central government, local government, healthcare, education, and the consumer sector.
- 16 Western European countries
- Vertical markets in the European economy: structure and performance indicators
- Vendor initiatives in key verticals
- User survey analysis by vertical market
- Business and IT requirements by vertical market
- Enterprise solutions investments by vertical market
- Server and storage opportunities
- Mobile solutions adoption and investment plans
- Cloud and software as a service (SaaS)
- Big data, social media and IoT (Internet of Things)
- Vertical forum review
- Western European IT Vertical Markets: Market Trends and Five-Year Forecast, and Quarterly Pivot Table
- Western European Vertical Markets: Benchmarking IT Against GDP and Total Employment
- IS Budget Dynamics, Channel Selection, and Vendor Satisfaction Across Vertical Markets in Western Europe, an IDC Survey
- Business and IT Priorities in Western European Vertical Markets
- Cloud, Social Media, Big Data, and Mobile Solutions in Western European Vertical Markets
- Internet of Things Across Western Europe Vertical Markets: New Lights on Opportunities and Use Cases, Building a Connected World — An IDC Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the top opportunity verticals in Europe?
- What are the vertical market IT, solutions, and telecommunications requirements in Europe?
- What are the vertical market trends for servers and storage?
- What are the vertical market trends for IT services?
- How much will vertical industries spend on IT by country?
- What is the rate of adoption of horizontal and industry-specific applications by vertical?
- How will cloud change spending patterns in organizations across verticals?
Accenture plc, Atos S.A., BT Group plc, CGI Group Inc., Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, EMC Corporation, Exact Holding N.V., Fujitsu Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infor, Inc., Infosys Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Siemens AG, Symantec Corporation, Tata Group, Telefonica S.A., The Sage Group plc