The Worldwide Semiannual 3D Printing Spending Guide is an expansion to IDC's ongoing coverage of 3D printing technology trends and best practices. This IDC spending guide will provide a granular view of the market for 3D printing by key vertical industry from a regional, industry, use case, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via a pivot table format or IDC's custom query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the emerging 3D printing market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the 3D printing market:
- Eight regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- Industries: Manufacturing, education, healthcare, government, construction, professional services, consumer, and more
- Technologies: Hardware, software, and services including 3D printer, CAD software, consulting services, materials, on-demand parts service, repair services, and systems integration services
- Use cases: Architectural design, automotive design — rapid prototyping, dental, medical implants, home printing, retail food printing, printing of specialized tools, prosthetics, and tools and components for manufacturing
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Which regions, technologies, and use cases are growing faster than the market average
- The market size and industry opportunity by specific region, technology, and use case
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How is 3D printing defined, and what are the main technology components?
- What are the different horizontal, vertical, and industry-specific IT elements that make up the 3D printing?
- How will 3D printing adoption vary by region, industry, and use case?
- How will the 3D printing market grow over the forecast period by industry and use case?
- Which vertical markets will show greater growth and market opportunity around 3D printing processes
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual 3D Printing Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Deliverables include:
The overall regional total addressable market for 3D printing
Worldwide 3D Printing Taxonomy Document
Detailed taxonomy explaining IDC's view of the market