The Worldwide Semiannual Big Data and Analytics Spending Guide is an expansion to IDC's ongoing coverage of Big Data and analytics (BDA) technology trends and best practices. This IDC Spending Guide will provide a granular view of the market for Big Data and analytics from a country, industry, company size, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's custom query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the Big Data and analytics market by viewing data trends, relationships, and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the Big Data and analytics market:
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, Rest of Asia/Pacific, Rest of CEE, Rest of Latin America, Rest of Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- 18 technologies, including: Software — advanced and predictive analytics software tools, cognitive software platform, content analytics, continuous analytics, CRM analytic applications, data warehouse generation tools, end-user query, reporting, and analysis tools, enterprise performance management applications, nonrelational analytic data store, relational data warehouse management tools, search systems, services operations analytic applications, spatial information analytics tools, supply chain analytic applications, and workforce analytic applications; services — business services and IT services; hardware — servers and external storage systems
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 5 company size segments: 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+ employees
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Which regions, technologies, and use cases are growing faster than the market average
- The market size and industry opportunity by specific region, technology, and company size
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How is Big Data and analytics defined and what are the main technology components?
- How will Big Data and analytics adoption vary by region, industry, and company size?
- How will the BDA market grow over the forecast period by industry and company size?
- Which countries will show greater growth and market opportunity in the future?
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Big Data and Analytics Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual Big Data and Analytics Spending Guide
The overall regional total addressable IT markets for Big Data and analytics
Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Taxonomy Document
Detailed taxonomy explaining IDC's view of the market
IDC's Worldwide Vertical and Company Size Taxonomy, 2017
Detailed taxonomy explaining IDC's industry standard definitions and segmentation methodology