The Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Vertical and Company Size is IDC's flagship all-in-one data product capturing IT spending across 100+ technology categories and 53 countries. This IDC Spending Guide will provide a granular view of the market for IT spending from a country, industry, company size, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's custom query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about various technology markets and industries by viewing data trends, relationships, and making data comparisons across 3+ million data points.
This product segments IT spending across the following dimensions:
- 53 countries
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- 100+ technology markets across hardware, software, and services categories
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 5 company size segments: 1–9 employees, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1000+
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Which countries and technologies are growing faster than the market average
- The market size and industry opportunity by specific region, country, and technology
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key IT markets and industry hotspots around the world?
- How are overall IT budgets allocated among 100+ technology markets across hardware, software, and services categories?
- How do various countries differ in IT investment strategies?
- Which industries are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- How do companies of various sizes allocate their IT spend among various technologies?
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Vertical and Company Size product is an Excel pivot table providing clients guidance on the expected IT opportunity a country, industry, and company size level. This spending guide provides IT vendors with insights into the rapidly evolving technology landscape by forecasting spend for the next five years.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Vertical and Company Size
A detailed country, industry, technology, and company size spending forecast
IDC's Worldwide Vertical and Company Size Taxonomy, 2015
Detailed taxonomy explaining IDC's industry standard definitions and segmentation methodology