Public cloud computing a key underpinning for business process transformation and, in some cases, business model transformation. With its lower cost and ease of implementation, cloud computing has become a key component of all technology initiatives. IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Spending Guide quantifies public cloud computing purchases by cloud type and industry across 43 countries. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's custom query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the public cloud services market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the IT market:
- 43 countries
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- Technologies: Enterprise mobility services, mobile enterprise applications, mobile software, smartphones, tablets, wireless data, and more
- 3 public cloud computing types: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- 4 primary markets: System infrastructure software, application development and software, applications, and infrastructure
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Sizes of cloud opportunity by region, country, industry, and technology
- Survey report highlighting market drivers impacting cloud technology growth by industry
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What unique trends are driving the shift of spend to cloud computing?
- How does this cloud computing spending differ by region and country?
- Which industries are spending the most on cloud computing?
- What cloud computing technologies and services are the functional areas purchasing?
- What is the total technology budget controlled by the function by industry?
- How much will this shift by 2016? By 2020?
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Spending Guide is an Excel pivot table that sizes the expected technology opportunity around this emerging buyer segmentation at country, region, and total worldwide levels.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Spending Guide
This deliverable will provide a five-year forecast by 20 verticals, by 3 cloud types, and by 4 primary markets by region and country. It is updated twice a year.
Worldwide Cloud Taxonomy
This document defines cloud types and technologies found in the spending guide.
This PowerPoint presentation will focus on the unique trends and drivers impacting purchasing decisions of cloud technologies.
IDC's Worldwide Vertical and Company Size Taxonomy, 2015
This detailed taxonomy will explain IDC's industry standard definitions and segmentation methodology.