Faced with a saturated and declining market for traditional telecom services and the increasing domination of cloud-based OTT services and solutions, telcos are under extreme pressure to transform their business, strategies, and operations to survive. They must work out when and how to compete, who to partner, where to operate in the digital value chain, and how to identify and access emerging opportunities. As part of this, they must transform their IT, networks, and operating models through convergence and virtualization to become agile, relevant, and trustworthy suppliers to customers and partners alike. IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Telco 2020 service presents IDC's analysis and insight into the future of the telecommunications industry across EMEA.
- Impact of 3rd Platform technologies and "innovation accelerators" on telcos: cloud, analytics, mobility, IoT, and digital transformation
- Network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN)
- Telco transformation and operating models
- Telco infrastructure and ICT
- Telco cloud portfolios and strategies
- Customer experience
- Digital strategies, partnerships, and solutions
- The Internet of things (IoT)
- 5G and LTE
- Advanced data analytics
- Market Analysis Perspective: The 2020 EMEA Telco, 2016
- Europe, the Middle East, and Africa CSP Spending 2016–2020 Forecast
- EMEA Datacenter Colocation Services 2016–2020 Forecast
- Virtualization, Containers, and Beyond: CSP Networks Virtualization in EMEA
- EMEA CSP 2017 Top 10 Predictions: Toward Telco 2020
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Cloud 2017 Predictions — Implications for Western Europe
- EMEA Radio Access Outlook: Toward 5G
- EMEA Telco Cloud 2017–2021 Forecast
- EMEA Telco Managed Services Market 2017–2021 Forecast
- EMEA Telco NCIS and Maintenance Market 2017–2021 Forecast
- EMEA Telecoms Equipment Market 2017–2021 Forecast
- EMEA Managed and as-a-Service Telco IT Market 2017–2021 Forecast
- Telco Multicloud Strategies in EMEA
- European Enterprise Communications Survey, 2017: Strategic Outlook Toward Telco 2020
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How do telcos need to transform to compete in tomorrow's market?
- What part do telcos have to play in a post-3rd Platform world, and where should they position themselves?
- Should telcos be cloud providers or cloud enablers?
- How will telcos' ICT needs evolve, and how can equipment providers meet them?
- How can ICT solutions providers help telcos create relevant new operating models?
- What impact will NFV and SDN have on telco infrastructure and operating models, and what opportunities will they enable?
- Which telcos have compelling digital transformation strategies?
- How can telcos best utilize advanced analytics to improve their customer insight?
- How can telcos best work in the ecosystem of vendors, integrators, ISVs, and consulting companies?
- What is the size and growth of the technology and country markets for telco infrastructure?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Alcatel-Lucent, Atos S.A., Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, Bharti Airtel Limited, Capgemini S.A., CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Colt Group S.A., Dell Inc., Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom AG, HP Inc., LM Ericsson Telephone Company, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Swisscom AG, Tech Mahindra Limited, Telefonica S.A., Telenor ASA, TeliaSonera Aktiebolag, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., VimpelCom Limited, Wipro Limited
Research Director, EMEA Telecommunications and Networking
Research Director, EMEA Telecoms and Networking