Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. The Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) is IDC's quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 54 countries. As the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data across six continents, the Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) offers a profile of the ICT market in each of the countries where IDC is currently represented.
- Hardware: Servers, storage, printers/MFPs, PCs, monitors, smartphones, and tablets/ereaders
- Packaged software: Applications, application development and deployment tools, and system infrastructure
- IT services: Planning, implementation, support services, operations, and training and education
- Telecom equipment, mobile phones (smartphones/feature phones), and telecom services (fixed line and wireless)
- Quarterly Delivery of Worldwide ICT Spending Forecasts
- Worldwide Black Book
- Quarterly ICT Spending Analysis
- Historical Databook
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the key emerging markets and ICT hotspots around the world?
- What proportion of overall ICT budgets are allocated to hardware, software, and services spending?
- How do Asia/Pacific and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) differ in ICT investment strategies?
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending, including the impact of the volatility in emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- What do historical market trends teach us about the relationship between IT spending and the overall economy?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) service examines IT spending patterns and forecasts across the following country markets:
Australia, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Turkey, Venezuela, and Vietnam
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.