Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. The Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) is IDC's quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 54 countries. As the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data across six continents, IDC's Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) offers a profile of the ICT market in each of the countries where IDC is currently represented.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Infrastructure: Server, storage, and network
- Devices: PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom: Equipment and services
- Software: Applications, application development and deployment and system infrastructure
- IT services: Planning, implementation, support, operations management, and training
- Quarterly Delivery of Worldwide ICT Spending Forecasts
- Worldwide Black Book
- Quarterly ICT Spending Analysis
- Historical Databook (IT Spending 1995–2015)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key emerging markets and ICT hotspots around the world?
- What proportion of overall ICT budgets are allocated to hardware, software, and services spending?
- How do Asia/Pacific and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) differ in ICT investment strategies?
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending, including the impact of the volatility in emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- What do historical market trends teach us about the relationship between IT spending and the overall economy?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) service examines IT spending patterns and forecasts across the following country markets:
Australia, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Turkey, Venezuela, and Vietnam