The connected car represents a complicated ecosystem of manufacturers, mobile operators, content providers, and service providers. It is the next truly mobile device and will leverage current and next-generation mobile networks to provide connectivity, allowing content and services to be delivered to the dashboard while providing a feedback loop to auto manufacturers and dealers about vehicle performance. Connected Car Solutions provides an in-depth analysis of the connectivity landscape, network requirements for semiautonomous/autonomous vehicles, and the dashboard and application development ecosystem. This service also provides a connected car taxonomy and connected car forecast.
- Connectivity/mobile operator landscape
- Network requirements for semiautonomous/autonomous vehicles
- Battle for the dashboard experience
- Infotainment services in the connected car
- Application development ecosystem for the connected car
- Emerging vendors creating technology and solutions for the connected car
- Worldwide Connected Car Ecosystem Taxonomy
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Connected Vehicle 2016 Predictions
- Worldwide Connected Car Forecast 2017–2021
- Vendor Ecosystem Overview
- Consumer Vehicle OS and Application Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How many connected cars will be sold in 2021? How many will be connected?
- What are the network requirements for the connected car and semiautonomous/autonomous cars?
- What is the preferred distribution channel for consumer and enterprise users of connected vehicle services?
- What regulatory issues are presented by the introduction of connected vehicle services, and how will service providers navigate?
- What is the value chain for connected vehicle solutions? What vendors are involved, and where do they add value?
- What types of applications are being developed for the connected car? How will this application developer ecosystem evolve?
- Which operating systems will dominate the dashboard?
- What emerging technology vendors are developing innovation solutions for the connected car?
AT&T Inc., Alphabet Inc., Apple Inc., Blackberry Technologies Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Ford Motor Company, GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY, IBM, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, QUALCOMM Incorporated, SAP AG, Sprint Corporation, TESLA MOTORS, INC., Toyota Motor Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc.