IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Connected Vehicle Ecosystem for Manufacturers report series examines key trends, technologies, and best practices in the evolving connected vehicle landscape. Automotive OEMs, major component suppliers, and fleet owners need to apply innovation accelerators like IoT, cognitive systems, next-gen security, augmented and virtual reality, 3D printing and robotics to the product and service life cycles of connected vehicles. These ecosystem participants will be able to increase product quality, improve vehicle safety and service, and even create new business models.
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Connected Vehicle Ecosystem for Manufacturers report series focuses on the market opportunities and challenges facing manufacturers and major component suppliers as they design, deliver, and service connected vehicles. The series leverages the IDC DecisionScape reports to convey the impact of technology investments on the product and service life cycles for connected vehicles. The practice develops unique analysis that leverages primary and secondary research; ongoing communication with automotive industry experts, executives, and practitioners; and insights from our Product Innovation and Service Innovation and Connected Products research practices.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Sharing best practices in connected vehicle ideation, design, development, and life-cycle management.
- Increasing use of IDC innovation accelerators in aftermarket services, including preventative service and warranty repairs to optimize the customer experience.
- Transforming the connected car ecosystem through operating model transformation to meet the need for "mobility" as a service.
- Applying technology to drive greater life-cycle quality and deliver safer vehicles to market.
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the impact of connected cars, including autonomous vehicles, on the automotive product life cycle?
- How do connected cars open up new opportunities for aftermarket services and customer engagement?
- What are all the technologies that contribute to the connected car landscape, and what is their relative maturity and impact?
- Who are some of the innovative vendors in the connected vehicle market that are helping OEMs transform their product and service offerings?
- What are some of the best practices for leveraging the connected car ecosystem to respond to market opportunities?
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Connected Vehicle Ecosystem for Manufacturers report series is ideally suited to support the needs of:
- Business, IT, and engineering executives at automotive OEMs and major suppliers looking for advanced product innovation practices to improve product value, speed development cycles, and differentiate their offering within the ecosystem
- Executives and IT groups supporting product ideation and design, aftermarket services, and quality programs and initiatives in the automotive industry
- Business and IT leaders at Connected Car ecosystem participants tasked with defining and exploring new products and service offerings