IDC's Middle Tier: Integration and Process Automation Software program looks at middle-tier software used to enable and operationalize digital transformation, especially by integrating new services with existing systems and processes. Whether a business is engaged in Internet of Things (IoT) enablement, a customer experience initiative, or changing its business operations or business models to innovate, much of the strategic advantage comes from how middle-tier software is used as a core part of digital enablement. This program focuses on the new middle-tier core competencies required for digital transformation including workflow, application platforms, API management, hybrid integration, streaming analytics, and messaging.
- Application platforms
- BPM and workflow software
- Low-code platforms/consumerization of development
- Integration software
- API management
- Decision automation
- Streaming analytics
- Messaging middleware
- Evolution of Decision Automation in the Era of IoT and Predictive Analytics
- New Middle-Tier Core Competencies for Digital Transformation
- API Management Forecast, 2016–2020
- IDC MaturityScape: Continuous Analytics
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is middleware evolving to support digital transformation?
- What are key middleware adoption trends as enterprises shift from ad hoc, experimental projects to more systematic approaches to transformation?
- How are application architectures changing to support high-volume, high-speed business?
Alfresco Software, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Apigee Corporation, Appian, BP p.l.c., Bonitasoft, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Confluent, Inc., DATABRICKS, INC., IBM, K2 Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, MuleSoft, Inc., Nintex Group Pty Ltd, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PTC, Inc., Pegasystems Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., SPS Commerce, Inc., SQLSTREAM, INC., Salesforce.com, Inc., Sapiens International Corporation N.V., Software AG, TIBCO Software Inc., Zapier, Inc.