DevOps is a powerful modern approach to unifying the business strategy, development, testing, deployment, and life-cycle operation of software. This is accomplished by improving business, IT and development collaboration while taking full advantage of automation technologies, end-to-end processes, microservices architecture, and cloud infrastructure to accelerate development and delivery and enable innovation. This IDC subscription service provides insight, forecasts, and thought leadership to assist IT management, IT professionals, IT vendors, and service providers in creating compelling DevOps strategies and solutions.
- DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases
- Identification of DevOps innovators and best practices
- Identification of critical DevOps tools enabling automation, open source technologies, and market leaders
- Analysis of the impacts DevOps is having on IT infrastructure hardware and software purchasing and deployment priorities across on-premise and cloud service platforms
- Major transformation and impact DevOps is having on staffing, skills, and internal processes
- DevOps Taxonomy
- IDC DevView Survey Results
- Worldwide DevOps Software and Hardware Revenue Forecast, 2017-2021
- IDC MaturityScape: DevOps Strategy and Lifecycle
- The Changing Drivers of DevOps: The Role of Containers and Modern App Frameworks
- IDC Innovators: DevOps Infrastructure Operations and Automation
- IDC PlanScape: An Adoption Plan for a DevOps-Centric Approach to IT
- Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Developer, Operations, and DevOps
- Evolving Approaches and Practices in DevOps
- The Shift to Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Tools and Frameworks for Supporting DevOps Workflows
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the primary DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases?
- What is the role of automation and open source in enabling effective DevOps operations and strategies?
- Which vendors are disrupting the status quo with DevOps innovation?
- What impact is DevOps having on IT infrastructure hardware and software purchasing and deployment priorities across on-premise and cloud service platforms?
Amazon.com, Inc., Ansible, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Canonical Group Limited, Chef Software, Inc., CloudBees, Inc., CoreOS, Inc., Docker, Inc., Dynatrace LLC., Electric Cloud, Inc., GIT Holdings, Gitlab Inc., Google Inc., HashiCorp, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Mesosphere, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, New Relic, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PIVOTAL CORPORATION, Puppet, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SUSE PLC, VMware, Inc., XebiaLabs Inc
Research Vice President, Enterprise System Management Software
Research Director, DevOps