IDC's Content and Digital Media Technologies service tracks and analyzes the software that creates, manages, and publishes unstructured information of all kinds. Coverage includes content management, content and digital media authoring tools, content and rich media publishing software, and other content and digital media technologies that support the content life cycle. This service provides vendors and buyers with the information they need to develop strategies for both product development and selection of content and digital media technologies.
- Enterprise content and records management
- Capture software, including intelligent capture/data extraction/classification
- Case management and its role as an enabler of next-generation content-centric applications
- Document automation, esignatures, and electronic forms
- Content collaboration solutions and hybrid enterprise content management (ECM)
- Enterprise video solutions and video content management
- Web content management and its evolution to cross-channel digital experience management
- Digital asset management software
- Content marketing solutions
- Mobile “content app” publishing solutions
- Online video platforms and OTT solutions
- Authoring and publishing software from documents to rich media and video, including customer correspondence management
- Content Technologies Worldwide Forecasts and Competitive Analyses: Market Reports on Content Management and its Submarkets, including ECM, Capture, Web Content Management, and Digital Asset Management
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis of File Synchronization and Sharing Solutions
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis of Content Collaboration Solutions
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis of Customer Communications Management Solutions
- Digital Experience Management
- Market Landscapes on Video Topics (e.g., Online Video Platforms and Enterprise Video Solutions)
- Strategies for Leveraging Investments in Content and Digital Media Technologies, Including Customer Needs and Adoption Trends, User Surveys, and Buyer Case Studies
- New and Emerging Trends, Technologies, and Market Segments in the Content and Digital Media Technologies Markets
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Why are customers investing in content and digital media technologies?
- Who are the leading players, and how are they positioned to succeed in a changing market?
- What are the emerging content and digital media technologies, and how will they affect current market players?
- What is the return on investment for content and digital media technologies?
- How will content and digital media platforms evolve to support the next generation of content-enabled applications and digital experiences? How will this affect content-related software markets?
ACQUIA INC., ADAM Software NV, ASG Software Solutions, AUTOMATTIC, INC., Adobe Systems Incorporated, Alfresco Software, Inc., Box, Inc., Brightcove, Inc., Bynder B.V., Canto Software AG, Celum, CoreMedia AG, DocuSign, Inc., EMC Corporation, EPiServer AB, Elemental Technologies, Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hyland Software, Inc., IBM, IntraLinks Holdings Inc., Kaltura Inc., Laserfiche Corp, Lexmark International, Inc., M-FILES INC., Microsoft Corporation, North Plains Systems Holdings, L.P., Ooyala International Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SDL PLC, Sitecore Corporation A/S., Top Image Systems, Ltd., Wix.com, Inc.
Research Vice President, Content Technologies and Document Workflow
Program Vice President, Content and Digital Media Technologies
Research Director, Content Technologies and Document Workflow