IDC's Content and Digital Media Technologies service tracks and analyzes the software that creates, manages, and publishes unstructured information of all kinds. Coverage includes content management, content and digital media authoring tools, content and rich media publishing software, and other content and digital media technologies that support the content life cycle. This service provides vendors and buyers with the information they need to develop strategies for both product development and selection of content and digital media technologies.
- Enterprise content management and capture software, including intelligent capture/data extraction/classification
- Evolution of the content management platform as a key component of the information management infrastructure and as an enabler of next-generation content-centric applications, including case management
- Enterprise cloud content collaboration (eC3) solutions
- Web content management software and its evolution to digital experience management
- Digital asset management software
- Online video platforms
- Tablet publishing solutions
- Enterprise video solutions and video content management
- Authoring and publishing software from documents to rich media and video, including dynamic enterprise publishing (document generation/customer correspondence management)
- Content Technologies Worldwide Forecasts and Competitive Analyses: Market Reports on Content Management and its Submarkets, including Capture and Image Management, Web Content Management, and Digital Asset Management
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis of Enterprise Cloud Content Collaboration (eC3) Solutions
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis of Dynamic Enterprise Publishing
- Digital Experience Management
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis of the Online Video Platform Market
- Market Landscape for Enterprise Video
- Strategies for Leveraging Investments in Content and Digital Media Technologies, including Customer Needs and Adoption Trends, User Surveys, and Buyer Case Studies
- New and Emerging Trends, Technologies, and Market Segments in the Content and Digital Media Technologies Markets
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Why are customers investing in content and digital media technologies?
- Who are the leading players, and how are they positioned to succeed in a changing market?
- What are the emerging content and digital media technologies, and how will they affect current market players?
- What is the return on investment for content and digital media technologies?
- How will content and digital media platforms evolve to support the next generation of content-enabled applications? How will this affect content-related software markets?
IDC's Content and Digital Media Technologies service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of providers of content management software, authoring and publishing software, and digital media software spanning enterprise content management; capture/image management and intelligent data extraction/classification; Web content management and digital experience management; digital asset management; document and rich media authoring tools; dynamic enterprise publishing solutions; tablet publishing solutions; and rich media/video capture, management, search, and distribution. Sample vendors include:
Acquia, ADAM, Adobe, Alfresco, AT&T, Box, Brightcove, Canto, Celum, Cisco, Comcast/thePlatform, CoreMedia, CrownPeak, DocuSign, DotNetNuke, Dropbox, Ektron, Elemental, EMC, EPiServer, e-Spirit, Google, HP/Autonomy, Hyland, IBM, IntraLinks, Kaltura, Kofax, Kontiki, Laserfiche, Lexmark/Brainware, Lexmark/Perceptive, MediaBeacon, Microsoft, North Plains, Nuxeo, Ooyala, OpenText, Oracle, Polycom/Accordent, Quark, ReadSoft, Rimage/Qumu, Salesforce, SAP, SDL, Sitecore, SpringCM, Telestream, Thunderhead, Vizrt, Widen, and Xerox.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.