IDC's Content and Digital Media Technologies service tracks and analyzes the software that creates, manages, and publishes unstructured information of all kinds. Coverage includes content management, content and digital media authoring tools, content and rich media publishing software, and other content and digital media technologies that support the content life cycle. This service provides vendors and buyers with the information they need to develop strategies for both product development and selection of content and digital media technologies.
- Enterprise content and records management
- Capture software, including intelligent capture/data extraction/classification
- Case management and the evolution of content management as an enabler of next-generation content-centric applications
- Enterprise cloud content collaboration (eC3) solutions and hybrid enterprise content management
- Web content management and its evolution to cross-channel digital experience management
- Digital asset management software
- Online video platforms
- Tablet publishing solutions
- Enterprise video solutions and video content management
- Authoring and publishing software from documents to rich media and video, including dynamic enterprise publishing/customer correspondence management
- Content Technologies Worldwide Forecasts and Competitive Analyses: Market Reports on Content Management and its Submarkets, including Capture and Image Management, Web Content Management, and Digital Asset Management
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis of File Synchronization and Sharing Solutions
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis/Customer Communications Management Solutions
- Market Landscape for Content Collaboration Solutions
- Digital Experience Management
- Market Landscapes on Video Topics (e.g., Online Video Platforms and Enterprise Video Solutions)
- Strategies for Leveraging Investments in Content and Digital Media Technologies, including Customer Needs and Adoption Trends, User Surveys, and Buyer Case Studies
- New and Emerging Trends, Technologies, and Market Segments in the Content and Digital Media Technologies Markets
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Why are customers investing in content and digital media technologies?
- Who are the leading players, and how are they positioned to succeed in a changing market?
- What are the emerging content and digital media technologies, and how will they affect current market players?
- What is the return on investment for content and digital media technologies?
- How will content and digital media platforms evolve to support the next generation of content-enabled applications and digital experiences? How will this affect content-related software markets?
ACQUIA INC., ASG Group Ltd, AUTOMATTIC, INC., Adam Internet Pty Ltd, Alfresco Software, Inc., Box, Inc., Brightcove, Inc., Canto Software AG, Celum, ELEMENTAL TECHNOLOGY L L C, EPiServer AB, Fabasoft AG, Hewlett-Packard Company, Hyland Software, Inc., IntraLinks Holdings Inc., KONTIKI, INC., Kaltura Inc., Laserfiche, NORTH PLAINS ELECTRIC, OOYALA INC, OpenText Corporation, QUMU INC, SDL PLC, SITECORE CORPORATION A/S, Wix.com, Inc.