IDC is the premier global market intelligence and advisory firm in the information technology and telecommunications industries. Investment Research Services (IRS) is IDC's exclusive research offering for the financial services community. With over 1,000 analysts worldwide, the IRS service leverages IDC's unparalleled knowledge base, both globally and locally, to provide timely and comprehensive quantitative and qualitative market intelligence.
- Gain proprietary company insight
- Quantify market potential and historical sales
- Identify investment risks and opportunities
- Gain customer and sales insight
- Quantify market opportunities
- Understand global industry segments and trends
- Identify lending risks
- Gain quantitative market and company intelligence
- Facilitate channel checks
- Identify proprietary issues
- Quantify market forecasts and growth rates
- Understand new markets
- Clarify complex product portfolios
- Identify buy-side and sell-side opportunities
- Provide unbiased industry quantification
- Develop deal flow
- Understand emerging market segments and customer demand
- Identify risks
- Create exit strategies
Through the dedicated Analyst-Account Manager, clients have access to more than 1000 IDC analysts who provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. This access enables clients to tap into the expertise of industry and market experts and obtain strategic and tactical advice on specific markets, companies, technologies, and products.
IDC's personalized Internet site allows instant access to the most up-to-date information anytime, anywhere.
IDC clients receive a pool of inquiry hours. These inquiry hours may be applied toward research analyst support, the purchase of additional IDC products, consulting services, and/or onsite analyst presentations.
IDC events cover the hottest trends shaping the IT and communications industries. IDC clients receive invitations to participate in conferences, breakfast briefings, telebriefings, Web conferences, and other IDC events held throughout the year.
Technology Research Views
- Business services
- Components and peripherals
- Computer systems
- Consumer devices
- Electronic manufacturing services
- Infrastructure software
- IT overview
- IT services
- IT support and integration
- Security and business continuity services
- Small business
- Software application development and deployment
- Software application and information access
Vertical Market Research
- Banking, insurance, and financial services
- Resources, construction, and process/discrete manufacturing
- Communications and media
- Transportation/transportation services and utilities
- Retail and wholesale
- Professional services
- Healthcare/life sciences
- Education and government
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Group Vice President, IDC's Global IT and Financial Advisory Services