The IT services and business services industries are under pressure to rapidly transform from 2nd Platform services to 3rd Platform services while maintaining both revenue and profit: Clients wish to take advantage of digital technologies to improve their competitive positioning, but also want to keep existing IT going. IDC's European Services Overview service tracks new developments in the demand-side and supply-side services landscape and provides a qualitative and quantitative view of the whole Western European services landscape.
- Project-oriented services: IT consulting, business consulting, systems integration, custom application development, network consulting and integration services
- Outsourcing: IS (datacenter) outsourcing, application management, network and desktop outsourcing, hosted application management, hosting infrastructure services, and key horizontal BPO
- Training and support: hardware deploy and support, software deploy and support, and IT education and training
- Western European countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
- Current and future trends shaping services demand in Europe
- Competitive landscape of the European services market
- Industry demand drivers —- both upward and downward
- End-user perceptions of services vendors
- Market sizing and growth rate changes in services markets
- 2nd Platform vs 3rd Platform Services
- Western European Services Market Forecasts, 2016-2020 (updated bi-annually, with pivot tables)
- Services Vendor Selection and Customer Satisfaction in 2016
- Spending Priorities of European Organizations in 2016
- Top 10 European IT Services Vendors: Competitive Analysis
- Top 30 Western European Services Vendors' Revenues and Market Shares, 2015
- Forecast for Digital Transformation Services 2016-2010
- Partnerships and Ecosystems
- Ad hoc IDC Links and Flashes covering major events and trends
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the demand for IT services and business services in Western Europe, and how will it grow over the next five years?
- What are the most important demand-side and supply-side trends and drivers in European services? How and why are they changing?
- How did the leading services companies perform in 2015?
- Which European services vendors currently have a competitive advantage, and why? What drives a competitive advantage?
- How do trends such as cloud, mobility, social business, and Big Data reshape end-user demand, and how will they change the competitive landscape?
- What do European end users look for when buying services, and how satisfied are they with their suppliers?
- How quickly will the services market transition from 2nd Platform to 3rd Platform focus?
Accenture plc, Atos S.A., BT Group plc, BearingPoint, Inc., CGI Group Inc., CSC HOLDINGS LIMITED, Capgemini S.A., Capita plc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Dell Inc., Deloitte, ERNST & YOUNG GIE, EVRY ASA, Fujitsu Limited, HCL, Hewlett-Packard Company, IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG FINANCIAL ADVISORY SERVICES (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD, KPMG International, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP AG, Steria S.A., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, Tieto Corporation, Unisys Corporation, Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation