The IT services and business services industries are transforming rapidly as end users shift demand to reflect new challenges and as suppliers transform their business models to gain competitive advantage. IDC's European Services Overview service tracks new developments in the demand-side and supply-side services landscape and provides a qualitative and quantitative view of the whole Western European services landscape.
- Project-oriented services: IT consulting, business consulting, systems integration, custom application development, network consulting and integration services
- Outsourcing: IS (datacenter) outsourcing, application management, network and desktop outsourcing, hosted application management, hosting infrastructure services, and key horizontal BPO
- Training and support: Hardware deploy and support, software deploy and support, and IT education and training
- Western European countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
- Current and future trends shaping services demand in Europe
- Competitive landscape of the European services market
- Industry demand drivers — both upward and downward
- End-user perceptions of services vendors
- Market sizing and growth rate changes in services markets
- Western European Services Market Forecasts, 2014–2018 (updated quarterly, with pivot tables)
- Services Vendor Selection and Customer Satisfaction in 2014
- Spending Priorities of European Organizations in 2014
- Top 20 Western European Services Vendors' Revenues and Market Shares, 2013
- Top 10 Western European IT Services Vendors: Competitive Analysis
- Ad hoc IDC Links and Flashes covering major events and trends
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the demand for IT services and business services in Western Europe, and how will it grow over the next five years?
- What are the most important demand-side and supply-side trends and drivers in European services? How and why are they changing?
- How did the leading services companies perform in 2013?
- Which European services vendors currently have a competitive advantage, and why? What drives a competitive advantage?
- How do trends such as cloud, mobility, social business, and big data reshape end-user demand — and how will they change the competitive landscape?
- What do European end users look for when buying services, and how satisfied are they with their suppliers?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of several providers in the Western European services marketplace, including, but not limited to:
Accenture, Atos, BearingPoint, BT, Capgemini, Capita, CGI, Cognizant, CSC, Dell, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, EVRY, Fujitsu, HCL, HP, IBM, KPMG, KPN, Infosys, Logica, Oracle, Ordina, SAP, PwC, Steria, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, Tieto, T-Systems, Unisys, Wipro, and Xerox.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.