The IT education market has traditionally focused on instructor-led, classroom-based instruction. During the past 15 years and particularly since the global economic crisis, enterprises have increasingly sought more "efficient" mechanisms for providing technology training to their IT organization and end users. As a result, many IT training markets are experiencing significant pressure to demonstrate relevance and value, causing training vendors, especially the training arms of technology vendors, to continue to adapt offerings and delivery methods to better meet client needs. IDC's IT Education and Certification service helps software vendors, certification sponsors, consulting firms, and independent training companies identify growth areas among the many IT products, topics, and certifications. This service provides key documents on training, certification, and the impact of training on project success and team productivity.
- IT education and training
- Worldwide and U.S. certification testing and training
- Top training providers
- IT elearning
- Advanced technology training
- U.S. security software training
- IS/technical training
- Desktop application training
- Delivery of IT training (e.g., instructor-led classroom and technology based)
- Corporate IT education buyers' characteristics and trends
- Certification and test delivery
- High-value elements of certification programs as a marketing tool
- Impact of certification on channel/partner performance
- Impact of IT training and certification on team performance
- Worldwide and U.S. IT Education and Training Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. IT Education and Training Delivery Forecast
- Survey of U.S. IT Training Buyers
- IDC MarketScape: Vendor Training Ecosystem
- IDC MaturityScape: IT Organizational Development
- IDC PeerScape: IT Organizational Development
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What impact does training have on organizational performance?
- How important is a vendor's certification program when prospects are considering purchasing new systems?
- Do buyers prefer "vendor authorized" training content, and are they willing to pay a premium for it?
- Do IT managers prefer hiring "certified" employees?
- How significant is the trend toward outsourcing IT training?
Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Incorporated, CA Technologies, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, GP STRATEGIES CORPORATION, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Knoa Software, Inc. , LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES GRL LLC, LYNDA.COM LLC, Lawson Software, Inc., LearnQuest, Learning Tree International, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nortel Networks Corporation, Oracle Corporation, ProSoft Technology Group Inc, Red Hat, Inc., SAP AG, Salesforce.com, Inc., SkillSoft Limited, Sybase, Inc., Symantec Corporation, VMware, Inc.