The IT education market has traditionally focused on instructor-led classroom-based instruction. During the past 15 years, and particularly since the global economic crisis, enterprises have increasingly sought more "efficient" mechanisms for providing technology training to their IT organization and end users. As a result, many IT training markets are experiencing significant pressure to demonstrate relevance and value, causing training vendors, especially the training arms of technology vendors, to continue to adapt offerings and delivery methods to better meet client needs. IDC's IT Education and Certification service helps software vendors, certification sponsors, consulting firms, and independent training companies identify growth areas among the many IT products, topics, and certifications. This service provides key documents on training, certification, and the impact of training on project success and team productivity.
- IT education and training
- Worldwide and U.S. certification testing and training
- Top training providers
- IT elearning
- Advanced technology training
- U.S. security software training
- IS/technical training
- Desktop application training
- Delivery of IT training (e.g., instructor-led classroom and technology based)
- Corporate IT education buyers' characteristics and trends
- Certification and test delivery
- High-value elements of certification programs as a marketing tool
- Impact of certification on channel/partner performance
- Impact of IT training and certification on team performance
- Worldwide and U.S. Corporate IT Education and Training Forecast and Analysis
- Top 15 Worldwide IT Education and Training Providers
- Survey of U.S. IT Training Buyers
- IDC MarketScape: Vendor Training Ecosystem
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide IT Education and Training Vendor Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What impact does training have on organizational performance?
- How important is a vendor's certification program when prospects are considering purchasing new systems?
- Do buyers prefer "vendor authorized" training content, and are they willing to pay a premium for it?
- Do IT managers prefer hiring "certified" employees?
- How significant is the trend toward outsourcing IT training?
IDC's IT Education and Certification service examines how IT education service providers and certification sponsors position themselves to compete in the IT education and certification market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the IT education and certification market, including:
Accenture, Adobe, Advanced Concepts Center, AT&T, BEA Systems, Brainbench, CA Technologies, Certiport, Check Point, Cisco Systems, Citrix, CompTIA, Dell Training & Certification, Element K, EMC, ExecuTrain, Gateway, Global Knowledge, Hatsize, HP, IBM, Knoa, Knowledge Universe LLC, Lawson, Learning Tree International, Linuxcare Inc., Lucent Technologies, Microsoft, MindLeaders, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Inc., NIIT, Nortel Networks, Novell Inc., Oracle, OutStart, ProSoft, Red Hat, RWD Technologies, SAP Education, Skillsoft, Sun Educational Services, Sybase, Symantec, Telcordia Technologies, VeriSign, and x.hlp.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.