New software technologies and infrastructures are fueling the transformation of the communications industry. IDC's Communications Service Provider Operations service examines CSP investments in software-driven IT and network systems to support business-critical operations and strategic activities. By leveraging interactions with CSPs, network equipment providers (NEPs), IT and independent software vendors (ISVs), systems integrators (SIs), and other ecosystem players, this service analyzes the operational systems, platforms, and technologies most relevant to CSPs and provides the critical market sizing, segmentation, forecasts, vendor profiles, growth drivers, and implications of key industry trends and market opportunities. This service offers business and operational support systems (BSS/OSS) vendors, NEPs, SIs, ISVs, and CSPs vital support for their strategic and operational investments, product road maps, and related activities and enables more informed decision making.
- Business and operational support systems, including service fulfillment, assurance, and billing
- Orchestration and management of virtualized networks
- Real-time charging and policy management and enforcement
- Communications industry software and services ecosystems
- Communications industry analytics, Big Data, and business intelligence applications, tools, and technologies
- IT systems for network virtualization
- Customer experience management (CEM) for CSPs
- Cloud and IoT service enablement and billing
- Worldwide OSS/BSS Forecast
- Network Virtualization, NFV, Market Development Insight
- Impact of NFV and SDN on CSP Operations
- Worldwide Communications Industry Big Data/Analytics Forecast
- CSP Customer Experience Management Strategies for Success
- Worldwide Cloud Billing Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How quickly will CSPs deploy analytics and cognitive solutions to capitalize on network, customer, and operational intelligence, and what is the market size?
- Will IT operations partnerships with CSP business leaders change faster than network cooperation with CSP business teams as the use of IT practices and technologies increase?
- How can CSPs make money with cloud and IoT, and what do they need to know to properly enable their organizations to deliver and support these new service types?
- How quickly will CSPs embrace IT platforms for virtualized network infrastructure and other IT practices, and what are the key evaluation criteria?
- Which OSS/BSS specialists will survive industry consolidation — or is there a role for smaller niche players?
- What do CSPs need to know about customer experience management, and how do they transform their operations to consistently provide superior service experiences and relevant customer interactions?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs Limited, Aria System Inc., Atos S.A., BroadSoft, Inc., Brocade Communications Systems, CA Technologies, CGI Group Inc., Ciena Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems GmbH, Comarch Inc., Compuware Corporation, Deutsche Telekom AG, EMC Corporation, EXFO Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., Flash Networks, GUAVUS, INC., HP Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, InfoVista S.A., Infonova Edv, Infosys Limited, Intel Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., LM Ericsson Telephone Company, Metaswitch Networks., Microsoft Corporation, Mitel Networks Corporation, Monexa Services Inc., NEC Corporation, NetScout Systems, Inc., Neustar, Inc., Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Progress Software Corporation, Radware Ltd., SUBEX LIMITED, SYNCHRONOSS TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Salesforce.com, Inc., Sandvine Corporation, Sonus Networks, Inc., Spirent Communications plc, Sprint Corporation, Syniverse Holdings, Inc., Tata Group, Tech Mahindra Limited, Teradata Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited, ZTE Corporation, Zuora, Inc.