New software technologies are fueling the transformation of the communications industry. IDC's Communications Service Provider Operations service examines CSP investments in software-driven IT and network systems to support business-critical operations and strategic activities. By leveraging interactions with CSPs, network equipment providers (NEPs), IT and independent software vendors (ISVs), systems integrators (SIs), and other ecosystem players, this service analyzes the software systems, platforms, and technologies most relevant to CSPs and provides the critical market sizing, segmentation, forecasts, vendor profiles, growth drivers, and implications of key industry trends and market opportunities. This service offers business and operational support systems (BSS/OSS) vendors, NEPs, SIs, ISVs, and CSPs vital support for their strategic and operational investments, product road maps, and related activities and enables more informed decision-making.
- Business and operational support systems including service fulfillment, assurance, and billing
- Cloud and IoT service enablement and billing
- Real-time charging and policy management and enforcement
- Communications industry software and services ecosystems
- Communications industry analytics, Big Data, and business intelligence applications, tools, and technologies
- IoT, industry verticals, and other CSP growth strategies
- Customer experience management (CEM) for CSPs
- Service delivery platforms (SDPs)
- Worldwide OSS/BSS Forecast
- IoT Service Enablement and Market Development Insight
- Impact of Network Virtualization, NFV, and SDN on CSP Operations
- Worldwide Communications Industry Big Data/Analytics Forecast
- CSP Customer Experience Management Strategies for Success
- Worldwide Cloud Billing Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How quickly will CSPs deploy analytics solutions to capitalize on network, customer, and operational intelligence, and what is the market size for communications industry analytics software?
- Will IT approaches and technologies drive the greatest changes in CSP operations through customer, IT, network, or other requirements?
- How can CSPs make money with cloud and IoT, and what do they need to know to properly enable their organizations to deliver and support these new service types?
- What do CSPs need to know about customer experience management, and how do they transform their operations to consistently provide superior service experiences and relevant customer interactions?
- Which OSS/BSS specialists will survive industry consolidation — or is there a role for smaller niche players?
- How quickly will CSPs embrace software-based operational , infrastructure, and business systems for cloud, IoT, and other new services, and what are the key evaluation criteria?
This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of providers in the communications software market, including:
Accenture, Agilis International, Alcatel-Lucent, Allot, Amdocs, Aria, AsiaInfo-Linkage, Atos, AT&T, BroadSoft, CA Technologies, CBOSS, CENX, CGI, Cisco, Citrix, Clarity, Comarch, COMPTEL, Compuware, Comverse, CSG International, CSC, cVidya, DigitalRoute, ECI, Eden Rock, EMC, Ericsson, EXFO, F5 Networks, Flash Networks, FTS, GENBAND, Guavus, Hitachi, HP,Huawei, IBM, Infonova, InfoSys, InfoVista, Intel, ItsOn, Jamcracker, Juniper, MATRIXX, MDS, Metaswitch, Microsoft, Monexa, Nakina, NEC/NetCracker, Netformx, NetScout, NetSocket, Neustar, Nokia, Ontology, OpenCloud, Openet, Openwave Mobility, Oracle, Orange, Orga Systems, Overture, Parallels, Pontis, PreClarity, Procera, Progress, RAD, Radware, Redknee, Reverb, salesforce.com, Sandvine, SAP, SAS, SevOne, Sigma Systems, Sonus Networks, Spirent, Sprint, Stoke, Stratus, Subex Limited, Synchronoss, Syniverse, T-Systems, Tango Telecom, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, Tektronix, Telarix, Telefónica, TEOCO, Teradata, UBIqube, Vasona, Verizon, Vodafone, VPI, WeDo, Wipro, Zettics, Zhilabs, ZTE, and Zuora
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.