IDC's Outsourcing and the Impact of Cloud Services provides a comprehensive look at the full breadth of IT outsourcing services markets, which includes back-end infrastructures (e.g., datacenters, systems, storage, and applications) to networks and endpoint technologies (e.g., desktops, including mobile devices). In addition, this service examines the impact of cloud services on the traditional outsourcing services markets — with a focus on the relationship between traditional and cloud services — the financial impact that cloud will have on outsourced services, the required business model and ecosystem needed to compete successfully, and optimal road maps of transformation that will help ensure a smooth transition to the world of cloud services.
- Worldwide IT outsourcing and managed services trends and opportunities
- Outsourcing/managed services deal analysis by vendor, vertical industry, geography, and scope of services
- Business continuity and disaster recovery services
- Network outsourcing/managed services
- Managed workplace endpoint services including mobility
- Buyer needs for traditional outsourcing, cloud-enabled/hybrid ITO, and cloud services
- Thought leadership on market, industry, and financial impact of cloud services on traditional outsourced services
- Impact of the Internet of Things (IoT) and automation on outsourcing and managed services
- Perception of outsourcing-managed services and providers
- Worldwide IT Outsourcing Forecast and Analysis
- Top 100 and Quarterly Outsourcing Deal Analyses
- Top 10 Worldwide and U.S. IT Outsourcers
- Competitor Analysis of Cloud Providers
- Buyer Studies on Adoption of Cloud and IoT as well as Traditional Outsourced Services
- IDC MaturityScape on Outsourced-Managed Services
- Thought Leadership on the Evolution of and Business Models for Cloud Services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the global revenue opportunity for traditional IT outsourcing and managed services?
- Which IT outsourcing and cloud service providers have leveraged their competitive advantage to increase market share?
- How are outsourcing contracts evolving?
- How will cloud providers impact IT outsourcing?
- How will cloud services be leveraged in this market?
- How will endpoint management evolve with the increased use of mobile devices and new technologies (e.g., virtualization)?
- Where are opportunities for automation and IoT?
AT&T Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Atos S.A., CGI Group Inc., Capgemini S.A., CenturyLink, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, Dell Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Infosys Limited, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, SunGard Availability Services, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Unisys Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., Wipro Limited
Vice President, Outsourcing and Offshore Services