IDC's Outsourcing and the Impact of Cloud Services provides a comprehensive look at the full breadth of IT outsourcing services markets, which includes back-end infrastructures (e.g., datacenters, systems, storage, and applications) to networks and desktops, including mobile devices. In addition, this service examines the impact of cloud services on the traditional outsourcing services markets, with a focus on the relationship between traditional and cloud services; the financial impact that cloud will have on outsourced services; the required business model and ecosystem needed to compete successfully; and optimal road maps of transformation that will help ensure a smooth transition to the world of cloud services.
- Worldwide IT outsourcing and managed services trends and opportunities
- Outsourcing/managed services contract analysis by vendor, vertical industry, geography, and scope of services
- Deal making requirements and buyer needs
- Business continuity and disaster recovery services
- Network outsourcing/managed services
- Managed workplace services including mobility
- Buyer needs for traditional outsourcing and cloud services
- Thought leadership on market, industry, and financial impact of cloud services on traditional outsourced services
- Traditional outsourcer business models for shifting to cloud services
- Online provider services trends and opportunities
- Worldwide IS Outsourcing Forecast and Analysis
- Top 100 and Quarterly Outsourcing Deal Analyses
- Top 10 Worldwide and U.S. IS Outsourcers
- Competitor Analysis of Cloud Providers
- Buyer Studies on Adoption of Cloud as well as Traditional Outsourced Services
- Partnership Ecosystems for Cloud Provider Business Models
- Thought Leadership on the Evolution of and Business Models for Cloud Services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the global revenue opportunity for traditional IT outsourcing and managed services?
- Which IT outsourcing and cloud service providers have leveraged their competitive advantage to increase market share?
- How are outsourcing contracts evolving?
- How will cloud providers impact IT outsourcing?
- How will cloud services be leveraged in this market?
- How will desktop management evolve with the increased use of mobile devices and new technologies (e.g., virtualization)?
IDC's Outsourcing and the Impact of Cloud Services research examines how IT outsourcing and cloud service providers are positioning themselves to compete in the outsourcing, managed, and cloud services markets. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of multiple providers in the IT outsourcing and cloud services market, including:
Amazon.com, AT&T, Atos, Capgemini, CenturyLink/Savvis, CGI, Cognizant, CompuCom, CSC, Dell, eBay, Fujitsu, Google, HCL, HP, IBM, Infosys, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, NTT/DiData, Oracle/Taleo/RightNow Technologies, SAIC, SAP/SuccessFactors, Sprint, SunGard, TCS, TimeWarner/NaviSite, T-Systems, Unisys, Verizon, Wipro, and Xerox.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.