IDC's Outsourcing and the Impact of Cloud Services provides a comprehensive look at the full breadth of IT outsourcing services markets, which includes back-end infrastructures (e.g., datacenters, systems, storage, and applications) to networks and desktops, including mobile devices. In addition, this service examines the impact of cloud services on the traditional outsourcing services markets, with a focus on the relationship between traditional and cloud services, the financial impact that cloud will have on outsourced services, the required business model and ecosystem needed to compete successfully, and optimal road maps of transformation that will help ensure a smooth transition to the world of cloud services.
- Worldwide IT outsourcing and managed services trends and opportunities
- Outsourcing/managed services contract analysis by vendor, vertical industry, geography, and scope of services
- Deal-making requirements and buyer needs
- Business continuity and disaster recovery services
- Network outsourcing/managed services
- Managed workplace services including mobility
- Buyer needs for traditional outsourcing and cloud services
- Thought leadership on market, industry, and financial impact of cloud services on traditional outsourced services
- Impact of crowdsourcing and Internet of Things (IoT) on outsourcing and managed services
- Perception of outsourcing-managed services and providers
- Worldwide IS Outsourcing Forecast and Analysis
- Top 100 and Quarterly Outsourcing Deal Analyses
- Top 10 Worldwide and U.S. IS Outsourcers
- Competitor Analysis of Cloud Providers
- Buyer Studies on Adoption of Cloud as well as Traditional Outsourced Services
- IDC MaturityScape on Outsourcing-Managed Services
- Thought Leadership on the Evolution of and Business Models for Cloud Services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the global revenue opportunity for traditional IT outsourcing and managed services?
- Which IT outsourcing and cloud service providers have leveraged their competitive advantage to increase market share?
- How are outsourcing contracts evolving?
- How will cloud providers impact IT outsourcing?
- How will cloud services be leveraged in this market?
- How will desktop management evolve with the increased use of mobile devices and new technologies (e.g., virtualization)?
AT&T Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Atos S.A., CGI Group Inc., CSC HOLDINGS LIMITED, Capgemini S.A., CenturyLink, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett-Packard Company, IBM, Infosys Limited, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Sprint Corporation, SunGard Data Systems Inc., Tata Group, Time Warner Inc., Unisys Corporation, Verizon Communications Inc., Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation
Vice President, Outsourcing and Offshore Services