Service companies are competing in a market full of opportunities yet fraught with challenges, including an increasingly competitive landscape, continued pricing pressures, and new cloud-based delivery models, as well as the convergence of software and services. As integration of business and IT is pushed to the forefront, service providers are required to deploy new technologies and innovative solutions while controlling cost to maintain profitability. IDC's Worldwide Services research leverages the collective wisdom of 120 analysts in 52 countries to help service vendors adapt to these shifting industry forces. This research sizes and forecasts the global services market and provides strategic advice that product, marketing, and planning professionals need to succeed.
- Business and IT services
- Project-oriented services
- Outsourcing services
- Support and training services
- Current and future market trends for services in major regions of the world, including top 10 predictions for the coming year
- How enterprises buy services and evaluate service providers
- Emerging service opportunities such as cloud, business analytics, social business, enterprise mobility, and emerging geographies
- Competitive strategies and market perception of service vendors
- Competitive analysis of top 10 service vendors
- Profitability of the services industry by market
- Worldwide Services Industry Forecast and Analysis
- Competitive Analysis of the Top 10 Service Vendors
- IDC Predictions for the Service Marketplace
- Customer Spending Intentions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the most significant global and regional trends shaping the services industry?
- What are the size and growth rates of the worldwide services industry by service segment and geographic region?
- How can service firms successfully partner with other service firms and with IT product vendors?
- Who are the top service players in the world and why?
- Which service firms are rebalancing their service portfolios and geographic footprints to respond to new market needs?
- How can an IT product company successfully compete in the services market?
- What strategies are being adopted by service vendors to address the growing need for green IT services?
- What upcoming business models do we expect will emerge in the evolving services industry?
IDC's Worldwide Services research examines how worldwide service providers are positioning themselves to compete in the worldwide services market. This service reviews strategies and future direction of providers in this market. Examples of companies covered include:
Accenture, ADP, AT&T Solutions, Atos, BT Global Services, Capgemini, CGI Group, Cisco, Cognizant, Convergys, CSC, Dell Services, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom (T-Systems),Dimension Data, EMC, Fujitsu, HCL, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Indra, Infosys, KPMG, Lockheed Martin, Logica, Microsoft, NEC, Northrop Grumman, NTT Data, Oracle, PwC, SAIC, Samsung, SAP, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, Unisys, Xerox, and Wipro.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.