The ever-changing business and IT services market is being shaped by a new set of trends, namely: the explosion of growth around digital transformation services that leverage both the 3rd Platform technologies (cloud, analytics, mobile, and social) as well as innovation accelerators like the Internet of Things and Cognitive Systems; changes in customer buying preferences putting downward pressure on contract deal size, length, and payment terms; the volatile labor market that is being shaped by the continual movement of low-cost labor offshore, and the rise of software and automation. This program leverages the insight of 120 IDC analysts, based in 52 countries, whose subject matter expertise spans across project-oriented, outsourcing, and support and training services to provide a 30,000-foot view of the major trends shaping the business and IT services market. In addition to analyst insight, this program leverages several key IDC data sources, which include the BuyerPulse Deals Database (detailed data on over 52,000 services contracts), 126 market forecasts across 18 submarkets and seven geographies, revenue data broken down by foundation market and region for 410 services vendors, and multiple IDC-generated market research surveys. This program's high-level subject matter is critical for both the largest vendors in the services markets and small vendors that are considering moving into the services business.
- Business and IT services
- Project-oriented services
- Outsourcing services
- Support and training services
- Current and future market trends for services in major regions of the world, including predictions for the coming year
- How enterprises buy services and evaluate service providers
- Key services opportunities such as cloud, business analytics, social business, enterprise mobility, the internet of things (IoT), and cognitive systems
- Competitive strategies and market perception of service vendors
- Market share analysis of service vendors
- Profitability of the services industry by market
- Worldwide Services Industry Forecast and Analysis
- Market Share Analysis by Macromarket and Macroregion
- IDC FutureScape for the Services Marketplace
- Customer Spending Intentions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the most significant global and regional trends shaping the services industry?
- What are the size and growth rates of the worldwide services industry by service segment and geographic region?
- How can service firms successfully establish ecosystems that include a variety of industry players to address opportunities such as IoT?
- Which are the top service players in the world and why?
- Which service firms are rebalancing their service portfolios and geographic footprints to respond to new market needs?
- How can an IT product company successfully compete in the services market?
- To what extent are customers planning to increase/decrease their spending on IT services in the coming year, and where will they make those investments?
- What upcoming business models do we expect will emerge in the evolving services industry?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Amazon.com, Inc., Atos S.A., BT Group plc, Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, Convergys Corporation, Dell Inc., Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom AG, EMC Corporation, Ernst & Young, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP AG, Salesforce.com, Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, Unisys Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation