IDC's Production and Large Format Print Markets service analyzes market trends, technology developments, distribution channel issues, print buyers' evolving needs, and high-volume digital print trends. The service examines the worldwide and U.S. opportunities for digital printing and finishing equipment being placed in production environments such as quick printing, display graphics printers, reprographics shops, sign and screen printers, in-plant operations, commercial print, direct mail, and transaction printers. The service quantifies the opportunity by examining shipment history, market share changes, and print volume trends. Forecasts and analysis are provided for key segments tracked in both production and large format markets, along with two MarketScapes (UV large format and high-speed inkjet press). Primary research will cover topics from the buyer as well as the channel perspectives.
- Continuous feed LED/laser and inkjet press markets
- Color and monochrome print-on-demand and transaction print markets
- Production print page volumes
- Market share analysis in key segments
- Large format print market including technical, display graphics, and grand format
- Worldwide/U.S. Color Print-on-Demand Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide/U.S. Monochrome Print-on-Demand and Production Printing Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide/North America Large Format Printer Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide/U.S. Continuous Feed Printer Engine Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide/U.S. Production Print Page Volume Forecast
- UV large format and high-speed inkjet press MarketScapes
- Primary research on technology adoption, applications, print volumes, and end-user segments
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the market sizing and growth trends within the different market segments of the production and large format printing markets?
- What applications are driving digital print growth and which are expected to erode to digital displacement? How will digital displays impact the large format market?
- How are print service providers integrating IT and other new services (e.g., ecommerce and automation) to drive growth? What business development tools are necessary to take advantage of the opportunity?
- What are the new products and technologies that could change the respective production and large format competitive landscapes? How will these products and technologies change these markets?
- Who are the leaders, major players, contenders, and participants in the emerging high-speed inkjet press market?
Adobe Systems Incorporated, Agfa-Gevaert N.V., Canon Inc., Delphax Technologies Inc., EFI Electronics Corp, Eastman Kodak Company, FUJIFILM Corporation, Heidelberg USA Inc, Hewlett-Packard Company, Inca Digital Printers LTD., Infiniti Technologies Ltd, Komori Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Kyocera Corporation, Landa Corporation, Matan Digital Printers, Memjet, Ltd., Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd., Miyakoshi Printing Machinery Co., Ltd., Mutoh Holdings Co., Ltd., Pitney Bowes Inc., R. R. DONNELLEY & SONS COMPANY, RYOBI LIMITED, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Roland Corporation, Timsons, Xeikon N.V., Xerox Corporation
Senior Research Analyst, Hardcopy Peripheral Solutions
Research Director, Hardcopy Solutions