IDC's Storage Software service analyzes the opportunities, technologies, use cases, and trends that are reshaping the storage software market and continue to drive its growth. This service provides the market intelligence to help product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals create successful business strategies. Subscribers to this service receive direct access to IDC's top industry experts, who provide market insights, competitive analysis, and positioning advice; identify strategic partnering opportunities; assist with speaking to the investment community; and provide press quotes and more.
- Data protection and recovery software
- Storage replication software
- Archiving software
- Storage and device management software
- Storage infrastructure software
- Adoption of storage software in cloud models
- Emerging standards and their impact on storage software products and vendor strategies
- Convergence of technology to address business continuity, operational recovery, and disaster recovery
- Virtualization's impact on storage software
- Unstructured archiving strategies, approaches, and best practices
- Convergence of storage management with datacenter orchestration
- Benefits, challenges, and considerations of file- and block-level tiering
- Worldwide Data Protection and Recovery Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Storage and Device Management Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Storage Replication Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Archiving Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Storage Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Vendor Profiles, Case Studies, Demand-Side Viewpoints, End-User Insights, and Market Predictions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How has the adoption of cloud-based services changed the requirements for storage software?
- What is the impact of server virtualization on the storage and storage software markets?
- What is the role of software in storage virtualization?
- How are storage software vendors addressing the special needs of small and medium-sized businesses?
- What are the implications on storage software with convergence?
- Which start-up firms manage to disrupt major players by introducing alternatives to established products?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the storage software market, including:
Acronis, APTARE, Autonomy C2C, CA Technologies, Cisco Systems, CommVault, DataCore, Dell, EMC, eVault (a Seagate company), FalconStor, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, LiveOffice, Microsoft, Mimecast, NEC, NetApp, Neverfail, Oracle Corp., Overland Storage, Symantec Corp., Syncsort, Veeam, Vision Solutions, and VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.