IDC's Canadian Strategic Sourcing and Cloud Services examines both the traditional asset-based model of IS outsourcing and datacentre hosting as well as the emergence of alternative sourcing models such as cloud computing and offshore infrastructure delivery. This research identifies the latest trends affecting the market and reveals how the principles of next-generation models such as the dissemination of IT services, how companies are leveraging outsourcing and managed services to reshape the way they do business, and how these trends will impact the existing marketplace and create opportunities for a range of new and emerging service providers.
- IS, network, and desktop outsourcing services
- Infrastructure-based cloud services
- Datacentre and hosting services
- The strategic value of third-party services
- The alignment of sourcing strategies with IT and business objectives
- The partner and wholesale ecosystem
- Sourcing models such as selective and multisourcing
- Role of outsourcing advisors and competitive analysis
- Sales, marketing, and customer service strategies
- The strengths and challenges of market leaders and newcomers
- Emerging trends and issues
- The Canadian offshore market
- Forecasts, sizings, and growth for the Canadian IS, desktop, network, and infrastructure-based cloud services
- Canadian competitive analysis
- Canadian market shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the revenue opportunity for the provision of outsourcing services in Canada?
- What are the competitive market positions and perceptions of major service providers?
- Which service providers are best positioned to partner with to increase market share?
- How can vendors best differentiate themselves in the market?
- What are the challenges of network and desktop management, and how are Canadian businesses addressing this fundamental IT activity?
- What are the best approaches to expand markets and services?
- How can companies best leverage the portfolio of outsourced services and service providers?
- How will new delivery models impact the future outsourcing services market?
- What is the market for offshore or remote infrastructure management?
- How can price benchmarking be used to improve market competitiveness?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the outsourcing market, including:
Accenture, Allstream, Amazon Web Services, Bell Canada, Capgemini, CenturyLink, CGI Group, Cogeco, Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC), HCL, HP Enterprise Services, IBM Global Services, Infosys, Long View, Rogers, TCS, TELUS, and Wipro.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.