IDC's Canadian Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions service is a primary input for IT vendors, service providers, the channel, and IT departments to align with changing demands and market forces. The service delivers in-depth and impactful analysis to sales and marketing teams and end-user IT on a regular basis. Coverage includes private on-premise cloud, hybrid cloud management, converged infrastructure, hyperconverged, virtualization, server, storage, and networking equipment. Valuable components of the service include on-demand access to analysts, competitive analysis exercises, and the opportunity for advanced strategic assessment engagements. The focus of IDC's Canadian Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions service is to help create more effective sales and marketing initiatives via improved targeting, better engage with end-user organizations and partners leading to greater market penetration, and improve profitability with improved attach rates. It helps IT departments and CIOs learn where and how to place their bets.
- Cloud management
- Enterprise storage
- Converged infrastructure
- Infrastructure software and services
- Drivers, inhibitors, and triggers
- Go-to-market and infrastructure deployment strategies
- New technology adoption rates and market impact
- Vertical market analysis
- Market sizing, forecasts, and competitive analysis
- Canadian Server and Storage Forecast and Analysis
- Emerging Technology Adoption
- Case Studies and Vendor Profiles
- Analyst Briefing
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Where are hardware sales moving to between on-premise and the cloud?
- What are the initiatives and expectations surrounding automation/orchestration and operations strategies?
- How are system management tools being adopted?
- Where do partners believe they can make money selling hardware?
- Which vertical markets provide the most opportunity to sell servers and storage?
- What effect will new technologies such as blades, IPv6, and iSCSI interconnects have on purchasing decisions?
Allstream Limited, BMC Software, Inc., Bell Canada, CGI Group Inc., Cisco Systems Internetworking Iletisim Hizmetleri Limited Sirketi, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems GmbH, Cogeco Cable Inc., Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Company, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Nutanix, Inc., OpenStack Foundation., Oracle Corporation, Rogers Communications Inc., TELUS Corporation, VMware, Inc.
Research Manager, Storage & Networking
Research Manager, Servers