IDC's Canadian Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions service is a primary input for IT vendors, service providers, the channel, and IT departments to align with changing demands and market forces. The service delivers in-depth and impactful analysis to sales and marketing teams and end-user IT on a regular basis. Coverage includes segmentation of the cloud, converged infrastructure, Big Data, virtualization, server, storage, and networking equipment markets by technology, size of organization, vertical industry, and geography. Valuable components of the service include on-demand access to analysts, competitive analysis exercises, and the opportunity for advanced strategic assessment engagements. The focus of IDC's Canadian Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions service is to help create more effective sales and marketing initiatives via improved targeting, better engage with end-user organizations and partners leading to greater market penetration, and improve profitability with improved attach rates. It helps IT departments and CIOs learn where and how to place their bets.
- Enterprise storage
- Converged infrastructure
- Infrastructure software and services
- Drivers, inhibitors, and triggers
- Go-to-market and infrastructure deployment strategies
- New technology adoption rates and market impact
- Vertical market analysis
- Market sizing, forecasts, and competitive analysis
- Canadian Server and Storage Forecast and Analysis
- Security Solutions Adoption and Threat Analysis
- Emerging Technology Adoption
- Case Studies and Vendor Profiles
- Analyst Briefing
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Where are margins moving in hardware sales?
- What are the initiatives and expectations surrounding consolidation and virtualization strategies?
- How are system management tools being adopted?
- Where do partners believe they can make money selling hardware?
- Which vertical markets provide the most opportunity to sell servers and storage?
- What effect will new technologies such as blades, IPv6, and iSCSI interconnects have on purchasing decisions?
IDC's Canadian Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions service examines how software, services, server, storage, and networking equipment vendors and partners are positioning themselves to compete in the various hardware and solutions markets. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the infrastructure hardware and related markets, including:
Allstream, Avaya, Bell, BMC, Brocade, CGI, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, EMC, HDS, HP, IBM, Intel, Lenovo, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, TELUS, and VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Research Manager, Storage & Networking
Research Manager, Servers