IDC's Personal Computers service provides qualitative analysis of the worldwide personal computer marketplace. This program tracks the progress and long-term impact of emerging and established trends in the PC market. New and traditional computing opportunities, such as ultrabooks and all-in-one (AIO) desktops, are evaluated based on timely market intelligence from manufacturing sources, vendor input, component supplies, and extensive knowledge of influential analysts. This service provides PC vendors, component suppliers, and investors with the information necessary to make critical business decisions.
- U.S. and worldwide PC industry developments by region, sub–form factor, and segment
- Analysis of notebooks by screen size
- Analysis of interface technologies embedded into PCs
- Quarterly growth forecast by form factor and segment
- Buying patterns among consumer and commercial PC buyers
- Changes in market share position among major vendors
- Shifts in distribution channels
- Detailed views of customer segments, including home, business, and public sectors
- Worldwide and U.S. PC Client Sub–Form Factor Forecast
- Worldwide PC Interface and Technologies Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. Consumer Buyer Survey (Annual)
- Worldwide PC Market Review (Quarterly)
- Worldwide PC Forecast Updates (Quarterly)
- Worldwide and U.S. Commercial Buyer Survey (Annual)
- Vendor Profiles
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the environmental, secular, and competitive factors affecting buying choices?
- What are the emerging trends in PC form factors?
- What interface trends are emerging?
- What are the winning strategies and innovative approaches of successful vendors?
IDC's Personal Computers service examines how PC and PC component vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the personal computer market. This service follows and analyzes the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the PC market, including Acer, AMD, Apple, ASUS, Belkin, Compal, Dell, Dolby, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Hynix, Intel, Lenovo, LG Display, Microsoft, Motorola, MSI, Nokia, NVIDIA, Panasonic, Phoenix, Samsung, Sony, Synaptics, and Toshiba.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.