Internet protocol (IP)–based services such as broadband Internet access, IP VPN, IPTV, and VoIP services are driving growth in the fixed-line telecommunications market in the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (APEJ) region. IDC's Asia/Pacific NGN Telecommunications Services research is essential to all IP players seeking a comprehensive knowledge of users' adoption behavior and plans, given that the positioning of solutions and marketing strategies will differ depending on deployment patterns. In addition, the research program provides reliable market growth and forecast information of key IP services such as broadband Internet access and IP VPN.
- Annual sizing and forecast of the IP VPN services market
- Annual sizing and forecast of the Internet access services market
- Annual end-user survey of IP services usage by consumer and enterprise demographic, country, vertical, and company size
- Annual sizing and forecast of the VoIP and IPTV services markets
- Asia/Pacific IP VPN Services 2014–2018 Forecast and Analysis
- Asia/Pacific Internet Access Services 2014–2018 Forecast and Analysis
- Asia/Pacific VoIP and IPTV Services 2014–2018 Forecast and Analysis
- Asia/Pacific Enterprise Survey 2014 of IP Usage and Preferences
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How has the competitive landscape in the IP-based telecom services space changed?
- What are the market opportunities of VoIP and IP VPN services among telcos and/or corporations?
- What is the corporate usage of IP technologies and services in Asia/Pacific?
- What are the market opportunities and outlook of Internet access services and IPTV services among corporations and consumers?
IDC's Asia/Pacific NGN Telecommunications Services research provides the profiles of vendors and service providers, including their organization structure, financial strengths, sales and marketing strategies, channel programs, and a SWOT analysis. Examples of companies tracked include:
AAPT, AT&T, Bayantel, BSNL, BT, CAT, China Telecom, China Unicom, Chunghwa Telecom, Digitel, Globe, Hanaro, HKBN, Hutchison, Korea Telecom, Maxis, MCI/Verizon, MTNL, NTT, Optus, Orange Business Services, PACNET, PCCW, PLDT, SingTel, SK Telecom, Sprint, StarHub, Tata Communications, Telekom Malaysia, Telkom, Telstra, TFN, T-Mobile, TOT, True, and Vodafone.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Research Manager, Communications, IDC Asia/Pacific
Market Analyst, Communications, IDC Asia/Pacific