IDC's Application Development, Testing and Management Services research examines the life cycle of application services from application development to testing and management in traditional project, outsourcing, and newer hosted cloud and mobile models. This service identifies the optimum market opportunities and sales strategies for different types of service providers and their partners, along with success characteristics for go-to-market and management strategies. Also covered are the evolving business models and technology shifts in support of mobile and cloud-based application development, testing, and management services.
- Application outsourcing — packaged and custom management
- Hosted application management (HAM) — hybrid cloud models
- Custom application development — application factory models
- Testing service portfolios across traditional and cloud providers
- Value propositions of application life-cycle services
- Mobile enterprise application life-cycle service trends
- Global spending for traditional AM, hosted AM, application development, and testing services
- The impact of cloud, mobility, componentization, and collaboration on the AD and AM markets
- Emergence of online development models (PaaS) and impacts on traditional ADM
- Worldwide Application Management Forecast and Analysis
- Top 10 Application Outsourcers
- Worldwide Hosted AM Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Testing Services Forecast and Analysis
- Custom and Modular Application Development: Evolution of Delivery Models
- Mobile Enterprise Application Development and Testing Services
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Project and Outsourced Testing Services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How are disruptive forces like cloud, mobility, and agile frameworks changing how enterprises adopt application life-cycle services and address enterprise portfolio transformation?
- How will service providers bridge traditional models with cloud extensions to social media and mobile enablement, addressing the cost, scalability, and performance needs of the enterprise?
- How are customers seeking to adapt contract commitments in traditional ADM models with cloud models as application portfolios evolve?
- How is the application value chain of services changing as traditional models coexist with private or public cloud-based hosted models and mobile requirements?
IDC's Application Development, Testing and Management Services research examines how service providers are positioning themselves to compete in the traditional and newer hosted cloud and mobile application development, testing, and management markets. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the application services markets, including:
Accenture, Amazon, AT&T, Atos , British Telecom, Capgemini, CGI, Cognizant, Compuware (Gomez), CSC, Dell, Deloitte, Fujitsu, Google, HCL, HP, IBM Global Services, Infosys, Mahindra IT and Business Services, Microsoft, Oracle, Orange Business Services, Salesforce.com, SAP, Skytap, Soasta, Sonata Software,Sprint, Symphony, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Unisys, Verizon, Wipro, and Xerox (ACS).
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.