IDC's Software and Hardware Support and Deployment Services research assists software and hardware vendors and providers in developing, marketing, and delivering support services. Recurring service revenue, to put it simply, represents some of the most profitable and sought-after dollars for technology providers. By subscribing to this service, clients will gain greater insight into best practices for operational efficiencies, competitive positioning, and strategies for using support services to drive revenue and new technology sales.
- Software and hardware support offerings
- Virtualization support services
- Channel and partnering strategies for support
- Multivendor support services
- Electronic and esupport strategies, including mobility
- Hardware service markets by product category
- Software support services by software segment
- Preventive and proactive maintenance and support
- IoT and the impact to support organizations
- The impact of new technologies like software-defined architectures and cloud on support services requirements
- Competitive profiles of providers' support services offerings
- Vendor strategies for support
- Best practices in the support services market
- Service models for premium and multivendor support
- Trends in consumer support services
- Worldwide Software Support Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Hardware Support Services Forecast and Analysis
- Consumer Support Analysis
- Impact of Virtualization on Enterprise Support
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the best-in-class elements of support programs?
- What will be the critical skills, systems and tools, organizational structures, and marketing strategies for delivering superior software and hardware support services?
- How will new technologies, like IoT, mobility, cloud, virtualization, and social business affect the software and hardware support market?
- How can technology providers use support services as a competitive differentiator?
- What are the key drivers for improving and maintaining customer satisfaction over time?
- How will the market for consumer support services evolve?
- What are the key market opportunities?
- What do cloud and as-a-service offerings mean for support?
Accenture plc, Avaya Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Nortel Networks Corporation, Novell, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., SAP AG, Sybase, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc.
Research Manager, Software and Hardware Support Services
Program Vice President, Software and Hardware Support and Deployment Services