IDC's Asia/Pacific Connected Consumer service focuses on the increasingly diverse set of user experiences over the fast-growing number of connected devices in Asia. This growing base of connected consumers are giving rise to vast new marketplace opportunities for a variety of consumer mobility use cases, from tracking the next billion mobile Internet users to advanced consumers across Asia. This service provides insight into how "over-the-top (OTT)" players like Netflix, Google, and Facebook as well as telcos are seeking to capture the online and mobile content and services space in the areas of gaming, advertising, media, and commerce. It also examines the innovative platforms, technologies, and tools that are available to marketers to reach their desired consumer target audiences. It also covers how mobile carriers can compete, complement, or partner with both large and small OTT players.
- Annual sizing and forecast of mobile advertising by country
- Annual sizing and forecast of mobile data application spending by country
- Competitive response strategies of mobile operators to combat OTTPs
- Competitive analysis of OTT players active in the region
- Competitive analysis of mobile devices across APEJ
- Mobile Payments in Asia/Pacific
- Mobile Advertising
- OTTP Services
- Telco Response Strategies to Counter OTTPs
- eCommerce and Marketplace Players
- Social Media, Messaging, and Related Services
- Online to Offline (O2O)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the potential demand for mobile content and applications?
- What are mobile operators' competitive strategies as OTT players like Google and Facebook focus on the mobile market?
- How can mobile operators move into adjacent areas of business?
- How are players like Google and Facebook going to dominate mobile advertising?
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Apple Inc., Bharti Airtel Limited, Facebook, Inc., Google Inc., Samsung, Singapore Telecommunications Limited, Softbank Corp., Telstra Corporation Limited, Tencent Holdings Limited, Vodafone Group Plc, WhatsApp