IDC's Managed and Cloud-Hosted Virtualized Network Services program analyzes the market for service provider network-related offerings delivered to the enterprise. To help enterprises tackle the challenges of network complexity, service providers of all stripes are developing a variety of premise-based and off-premise networking solutions that offload management responsibility from in-house staff and support more holistic approaches to networking. New deployment models based on virtualization technology are also changing the market landscape. IDC's Managed and Cloud-Hosted Virtualized Network Services helps clients understand business drivers, evolving enterprise networking requirements, service provider selection criteria, and service and support requirements and analyzes what these mean for service providers and vendors that seek to develop and/or refine their go-to-market strategies.
- Cloud-based videoconferencing
- Network functions virtualization (NFV)-based network services
- Transition from CPE- to cloud-based managed network services
- Hosted IP voice
- Unified communications as a service
- Cloud-managed wireless LAN services
- Service provider go-to-market strategies
- Enterprise Communications Survey: Managed and Hosted Network Services Adoption and Usage
- U.S. MPLS VPN Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Cloud-Managed Wireless LAN Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Managed and Hosted Network Services Forecast and Analysis
- Cloud-Based VPN Services Forecast and Analysis
- Service Provider Managed Network Services Strategies
- Unified Communications as a Service Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Hosted IP Voice Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How are managed network services platforms evolving?
- What business requirements are driving demand for managed and cloud-hosted network services?
- What impact will software-defined network (SDN) and NFV have on the market?
- How will the different managed network services delivery models compete for end-user dollars?
- How is the convergence of network and IT impacting the managed network services market?
- What are the sources of competitive differentiation in the highly competitive managed services space?
AT&T Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Aryaka Networks Inc., Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, Cox Communications, Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, GTT COMMUNICATIONS, INC., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Juniper Networks, Inc., Level 3 Communications, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Orange S.A., PRESIDIO, INC., Sprint Corporation, Tata Group, Time Warner Cable Inc., VIPTELA, INC., Verizon Communications, Inc., Windstream Holdings, Inc., XO Holdings, Inc.
Research Manager, Broadband, Enterprise Voice & IP Communications Services, and Unified Communications