IDC's Managed Network Services program analyzes the market for service provider network–related offerings delivered to the enterprise. To help enterprises tackle the challenges of network complexity, service providers of all stripes are developing solutions that offload responsibility from in-house staff and support more holistic approaches to network management. IDC's Managed Network Services helps clients understand business drivers, service provider selection criteria, and service and support requirements and analyzes what these mean for service providers and vendors that seek to develop and/or refine their go-to-market strategies.
- Managed IP VPN
- Managed LAN/wireless LAN
- Managed unified communications/IP PBX
- Managed videoconferencing/telepresence
- Enterprise buyer requirements
- Network and IT convergence services
- Customer engagement models
- Service provider go-to-market strategies
- WAN Manager Survey: MNS Adoption and Usage
- U.S. Managed IP VPN Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Managed Wireless LAN Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Managed Network Services Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Managed LAN Forecast and Analysis
- Network Equipment Provider MNS Strategies
- Service Provider MNS Strategies
- End-User Case Studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the preferred delivery models for managed network services?
- What business requirements are driving demand for MNS?
- How do networking, IT, applications, and "the cloud" come together in the MNS market?
- How is the managed network services ecosystem evolving?
- What are the sources of competitive differentiation in the highly competitive managed services space?
- What impact will network function virtualization have on managed network services?
IDC's Managed Network Services program examines how major service providers and network equipment vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the managed network services market. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of providers in the managed network services market, including:
Accenture, Alcatel-Lucent, Aruba Networks, AT&T, Avaya, BT Global Services, CenturyLink, Cisco, Citrix, Cox, CSC, Cybera, Dimension Data, Globecomm, HP, IBM Global Services, iPass, Juniper, Level 3, MASERGY, MegaPath, NTT Communications, Orange Business Services, Presidio, Sprint, Tata Communications, T-Systems, TW Telecom, Unisys, Verizon, Virtela, and XO Communications.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.