IDC's European Channels and Alliances report series focuses on the relationships between vendors and their business partners. It provides alliance and channel professionals in the European region with inputs into key dynamics within the partner ecosystem and provides valuable insight to assist in developing successful partner programs and engagement. Digital transformation is forcing channel partners to reassess go-to-market strategies and transform their business models. This service provides valuable inputs into that process.
- Key trends in the channel and partnering ecosystem with a focus on different partner types (SIs, VARs, ISVs, resellers, CSPs, VADs, etc.)
- Impact of new non-traditional partner types (e.g., digital agencies, start-ups, industry cloud) on the evolving partner ecosystem
- The indirect market opportunity in Europe and how revenue flows through the ecosystem
- Evolving partner business models in the face of technology transformations, such as cloud and digital transformation.
- The evolving partner landscape in Europe
- The impact of digital transformation on the European partner ecosystem
- Digital ecosystems – IoT, Industry Cloud, Cloud Marketplaces,– opportunities and impact
- Innovative case studies and profiles of innovative partners
- Best practices in channel & partner programs
- Partnering with non-traditional partners e.g. ISV, Digital Agency, Cloud Service Brokers, Strategy Consulting, Industry
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the market forces in Europe that need to be assessed to execute successful partnering and alliance programs?
- What does the current distributor landscape look like in Europe? How are distributors evolving in the as-a-service world?
- What are vendors currently doing to drive partner profitability, satisfaction, and loyalty?
- How do vendors measure the success of channel and alliance programs?
- What sort of new partner ecosystems are emerging in Europe with the increased focus on IT as a service in the market?
- Should vendors be creating a new practice around alternative partners (e.g., ISVs, CSPs, and digital) as a channel in Europe?
Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Amazon.com, Inc., Avnet, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., BT Group plc, CDW Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, Google Inc., HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Ingram Micro Inc., Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Red Hat, Inc., SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Tech Data Corporation, The Sage Group plc