IDC's Client Device and IT Service Management service provides insights and strategic market directions for vendors and IT decision makers responsible for managing the delivery of high-quality IT services to corporate end users. Research coverage includes software used to optimize end-user experience and application performance across PCs, laptops, virtual desktops, and multidevice end-user workspaces. It also includes software and SaaS solutions used to support service desks, business service management reporting, and problem and incident management and reporting in support of best practices and standards such as ITIL. Clients of this service receive direct access to IDC's industry experts who can supply market forecasts and competitive assessments as well as assist with vendor selection, go-to-market strategy development, and more.
- Multidevice management and end-user experience optimization in the BYOD era
- Problem management software and SaaS including service desks and help desks
- BSM and ITSM software, SaaS, standards, and best practices including ITIL
- Problem management forecast and analysis with vendor shares
- Software distribution forecast and analysis with vendor shares
- IT asset management software forecast and analysis with vendor shares
- Output Management software forecast and vendor shares
- Desktop virtualization management software research
- Multidevice management software research
- BSM, ITIL, and ITSM market analysis
- Customer requirements assessments for multidevice management
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is the emergence of SaaS-based service desk solutions impacting the problem management market for users and vendors?
- What types of investments and innovations are needed for problem management vendors to increase market share, and which vendors will dominate the market going forward?
- What are the most important factors impacting the decision to invest in multidevice management solutions spanning PCs, laptops, smart mobile devices, and virtual desktops?
- How does the use of BSM, ITSM, and ITIL change in an era of cloud, converged systems, and SaaS?
- How are the market dynamics and forecasts for problem management, software distribution, and IT asset management likely to evolve over the next five years?
IDC's Client Device and IT Service Management research analyzes the strategies, market positions, and future directions of major vendors in the client device and IT service management software market. A representative list of these vendors may include:
Attachmate, BMC Software, CA Technologies, Citrix, EMC, Flexera Software, FrontRange Solutions, Fujitsu, HP, IBM/Tivoli, Kaseya, LANDesk Software, ManageEngine, Microsoft, Numara Software, Scalable Software, ServiceNow, SupportSoft, Symantec, Tripwire, and VMware
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.