Cloud computing is reaching every facet of application development and deployment (AD&D) with material cloud markets now existing around cloud application platforms, cloud testing, database as a service, integration as a service, other AD&D as a service, and platform as a service (PaaS). The Application Development and Deployment and Cloud Services report series examines AD&D as a service topics and surfaces the key drivers and metrics for the related market segments identified above. This program also provides insights into market adoption, vendor positioning, and technology advances toward highly dynamic cloud-based service-centric computing environments for developing and deploying applications.
- PaaS market size, share, forecast, segmentation (region and major market segments), and market analysis
- Cloud application platform
- Cloud testing
- Data integration as a service
- Database as a service
- Integration as a service
- User demand, requirements, and issues surrounding cloud computing
- Analysis of topical issues such as web experience management and IT portfolio and project management delivered as a service
- Architectural trends and technologies including on demand, cloud computing, composite applications, event-based systems, legacy modernization, and the dynamic enterprise
- Worldwide Platform as a Service 2012 Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Platform as a Service 2013–2017 Forecast
- Worldwide Cloud Application Platforms 2012 Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Cloud Application Platforms 2013–2017 Forecast
- Worldwide Cloud Testing 2012 Vendor Shares and 2013–2017 Forecast
- Worldwide Database as a Service 2013–2017 Forecast
- Worldwide Integration as a Service 2013–2017 Forecast
- Worldwide IT Project and Portfolio Management as a Service 2012 Vendor Shares and 2013–2017 Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How will on-demand services platforms disrupt the AD&D arena, and how are key vendors positioned?
- What are the major cloud segments within AD&D, and how will each grow over the next five years?
- What are the architectural needs for on-demand service platforms, and how do leading platform vendors compare?
- How will the demand for public and private cloud services evolve?
Amazon, AOL, AT&T, Bungee Labs, Caspio, CAST Software, CloudBees, Cloudkick, CloudOne, CloudShare, CloudSwitch, CommonIT, Compuware, Cordys, Corent, Dell, DuraCloud, EasyLink, EMC, Engine Yard, ESRI, ForeSoft, Fujitsu America, GigaSpaces, Gigya, Google, GT Nexus, GXS, HP, IBM, Informatica, Intuit, Jamcracker, Joyent, Kaavo, Layer 7 Technologies, Liaison, LongJump, Mendix, Magic Software, Microsoft, Morphlabs, New Relic, OpenLogic, Oracle, OrangeScape Technologies Limited, Oxygen Cloud, Parasoft, Progress Software, Red Hat Software, RightScale, Rollbase, salesforce.com, SAP, Sitemasher, Skytap, SOASTA, Software AG, Stax, StrikeIron, Telx, TIBCO Software, TrackVia, Unisys, Veracode, Verizon Business, VMware, Vordel, Wolf, YouSendIt, and Zoho.
For IT suppliers or IT buyers doing business planning and budgeting, sales and marketing, or performance measurement, we have the custom offerings to optimize your success at every stage of your business. Our data- and content-driven approach helps you make better decisions, drive more effective marketing programs, and effectively measure your success — resulting in a greater return on your investment.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global end-user requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com.