IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Communications Infrastructure service is our flagship network equipment research offering. It will keep you abreast of developments through specialized studies around communications infrastructure that quantify enterprise and service provider network equipment segments. This research will drill down to reveal market trends, adoption, and vendor shares on a country basis. IDC's market analysis studies also offer five-year forecasts that are essential to any business plan.
- LAN switches: fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Layer 2/3/4-7, modular, fixed-managed, and fixed-unmanaged
- Routers: residential, SOHO, low-end, midrange, high-end
- Wireless LAN: access points, wireless switches, wireless routers/gateways, bridges, PCI cards, PC cards, and USBs
- Trends in service provider infrastructure
- Enterprise VoIP infrastructure: IP telephones, IP PBXs, and VoIP applications
- Datacenter network infrastructure
- EMEA Unified Communications Ecosystem and Opportunity, 2013–2017
- EMEA Enterprise Network Channels: Changes and Opportunities
- EMEA LAN Switch Forecast and Analysis, 2013–2017
- EMEA WLAN Forecast and Analysis, 2013–2017
- EMEA VoIP Infrastructure Forecast and Analysis, 2013–2017
- EMEA Datacenter Network Infrastructure Spending, 2013–2017
- EMEA Router Forecast and Analysis, 2013–2017
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the impact of new technologies on the enterprise and service provider network markets?
- How will the enterprise communications infrastructure market develop, and which players are best positioned for growth?
- How will mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships affect the enterprise communications market and competitive landscape?
- How big will the market be for different network equipment segments in EMEA and what will drive or inhibit growth in these markets?
- Which vendors will become dominant in the EMEA equipment market and how will this market develop over the next five years?
IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Communications Infrastructure service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the network equipment market, including:
3Com, Aastra, Adtran, Alcatel-Lucent, Aruba, Asterisk, Avaya, Belkin, Brocade, Buffalo, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, D-Link, Enterasys, Ericsson, Extreme, F-5, Force 10, HP ProCurve, Huawei, Juniper, Lancom, Linksys, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC-Philips, Netgear, Nortel, ShoreTel, Siemens, Sitecom, SMC, Swyx, Thomson, Trapeze Networks, Motorola, and ZyXEL
For IT suppliers or IT buyers doing business planning and budgeting, sales and marketing, or performance measurement, we have the custom offerings to optimize your success at every stage of your business. Our data- and content-driven approach helps you make better decisions, drive more effective marketing programs, and effectively measure your success - resulting in a greater return on your investment.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global end-user requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com.
Vice President, Telecommunications, IDC EMEA
Research Analyst, Telecoms & Networking, EMEA
Senior Research Analyst, Telecoms & Networking, EMEA