The telecommunications services industry in Japan is a highly competitive market dominated by a number of major fixed, wireless, and integrated service providers. Falling revenue by network-based services is driving carriers to enhance their businesses by identifying new market segments and business models for existing services, develop innovative services, establish strategic partnerships, and increase investments in growth markets such as broadband mobile services, enterprise mobility solutions, M2M, and datacenters. The Japan Mobile and Fixed Telecommunications Strategies provides a comprehensive perspective of the telecommunications market, five-year forecasts for major network services, and an in-depth analysis of key market trends and strategies of major service providers.
- Carrier's comprehensive strategy
- VPN, Ethernet, broadband, and voice services
- WAN adoption of business users
- Consumer and business multi-network service
- Japan Telecom Operators Comprehensive Strategy Analysis
- Japan Telecommunications Services Forecast and Review
- Japan Telecommunications Services User Demand Survey
- Japan Vendor's Multi-Network Service Strategy Analysis
- Japan M2M Service Market Forecast and Review
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How does carriers transform their comprehensive business as competitive situation keeps changing?
- What new services are emerging in the telecommunications market in Japan?
- What are current demand trends of corporate users? What are their preferences? How much do they spend?
- What is the current state of the enterprise mobility market and solutions driving demand?
- What is the current state of the M2M market and its future market opportunity?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in IDC's Japan Mobile and Fixed Telecommunications Strategies, including
eAccess, Internet Initiative Japan, KDDI, KVH, NTT Communications, NTT DOCOMO, NTT East, NTTPC Communications, NTT WEST, SOFTBANK Mobile, SOFTBANK Telecom, and UQ Communications.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Senior Market Analyst, Communications, IDC Japan
Market Analyst, Communications, IDC Japan