IDC's Customer Experience: Customer Service and Contact Center Solutions keeps product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals informed of trends, leading and emerging vendors, and new market opportunities in the customer service and contact center applications markets, both hosted and on-premises and the outsourced customer care market. Customer experience (CX) encompasses the processes that enable better, more effective customer interaction and leverage and coordinate the broader organization with the intention of increasing intimacy between the organization and its prospects and customers. The technologies and services of cloud, social, mobile, communities, and analytics are key in supporting the CX initiative and are indicative of the market dynamics that suppliers must track, understand, and respond to. In addition to competitive intelligence, this service provides case study and survey insight within the user community. The blend of supply- and demand-side perspectives will help customer service and contact center solutions providers make informed decisions to address customer needs and market opportunities.
- Customer experience across channels (which includes CRM, content management, commerce platforms, integration, and advanced analytics) for B2B and B2C
- Social service strategies and offerings
- Customer service and contact center applications
- Outsourced customer care solutions
- Social business (customer, employee, supplier, and partner engagement)
- Customer service and contact center applications and outsourcing priority investments
- SaaS and on-premise models
- IDC MarketScape: Customer Communities and Benchmark Studies
- Emerging Trends in CRM Applications
- Customer Service and Contact Center Applications Public Cloud and On-Premises Worldwide Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide and U.S. Customer Care BPO Forecast and Analysis
- Customer Experience End-User Study
- Competitive Analysis and Profiles of Customer Care BPO and Hosted Contact Center Leaders
- CRM Analytics offerings
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Where is the market for customer handling technologies and services headed in terms of on-premises, cloud, and outsourced services?
- What are the fundamental components of customer experience? What delivery models for CRM applications are end-user organizations adopting?
- If CX is on the rise, how do providers of customer service solutions fit in?
- What is the market size and five-year forecast for customer service applications, and who are the major players?
- How large is the worldwide customer care BPO services market opportunity, and what will it be in 2020?
- Where are the best opportunities for implementing analytics within a CX framework?
Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Amdocs Limited, Appboy, Aptean, Aspect Software, Inc., Attensity Group Inc, Avaya Inc., BAZAARVOICE, INC., BLINQ MEDIA, LLC, Blackbaud, Inc., Buzzient, Cake, Cegedim SA, CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Convergys Corporation, Datahug, EGAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, Epicor Software Corporation, FIVE 9, INC., FRESHDESK INC., GENIUS Venture Capital GmbH, Gainsight, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc., Google Inc., GraphDive, HIPCRICKET, INC., Hearsay Social, Inc., HelloWorld, Hootsuite Media Inc., IBM, Infor, Inc., Interactive Intelligence Group, Inc., JIWIRE, INC., Jive Software, Inc., KADIENT INC, KANA Software, Inc., Kony, Inc., Lithium Corporation., LiveOps, Inc., MEDALLIA, INC., Meltwater Group, Microsoft Corporation, NETBASE CORP, NICE Systems Ltd., NetSuite Inc., Neustar, Inc., Nimble Ltd, Oracle Corporation, Pegasystems Inc., Percolate, ReadyPulse, SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., SITEL S.A., SPROUT COMMUNICATIONS INC, Sailthru, Salesforce.com, Inc., ServiceSource International, Inc., Shoutlet, SocialFlow, Spredfast, Sprinklr, Inc., TALKDESK, INC., Talkwalker, TeleTech Holdings, Inc., Teleperformance SA, The Sage Group plc, UserVoice Inc., VHT INC, WNS, Inc, WebTrends Corp, West Corporation, ZENDESK, inContact, Inc.