Managing risk is at the heart of the financial services industry, and the performance of risk management investments has never been more critical to the success of institutions large and small around the world. Risk managers, CIOs, CTOs, and business leaders spend over $70 billion annually on the IT and services used to manage risk. IDC Financial Insights understands the intersection between business performance, risk, and technology. Through research and guidance, we assist the banking, asset management, and insurance decision makers on a regional and global level understand their markets and make informed risk and technology decisions that ultimately achieve more predictable risk outcomes for their business. The Worldwide Risk Management Strategies advisory service research, supported by risk analysts in all major global markets, has created the benchmark definition of the technologies and services required to support a comprehensive business view of risk.
As a leading authority on risk management technology, our global research team in the United States, Europe, APAC, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America understands current trends and issues and has a vision for the future of risk management technology that helps clients stay ahead of the curve and invest for long-term competitive advantage. This advisory service is designed to provide a global perspective across all geographies, examining best practices and market leaders, wherever they may be.
- Global risk management technology spending and trends across seven submarkets
- Chief risk officer roles and priorities for IT investments
- Enterprise analytics
- Risk and finance data integration
- Risk-adjusted performance management
- Big data strategies for risk managers
- Credit management
- Fraud and financial crimes
- Security as a service
- Critical protection
- How do my risk technology spending priorities compare with industry trends regionally and on a global basis?
- What is the impact of big data applications and technologies on risk management tactics?
- How mature and defensible is my firm's enterprise risk management program, and how does it compare with my peers?
- What analytics, data management, and infrastructure investments are needed to ensure the flexibility and scalability of my firm's risk function?
- How can credit and operational risk systems be deployed to fulfill multiple regulatory jurisdictions?
- What systems must be put in place to pursue best-of-breed credit portfolio management and risk-based capital allocation?
- How should existing risk data infrastructures evolve to meet the needs of financial services institutions?
- Who are the leading providers of risk advisory services?
- How do I extend my GRC programs to address third-platform technologies?
The Worldwide Risk Management Strategies advisory service provides business executives with continuous relevant research coupled with dynamic interactive access to a global team of analysts delivering ongoing advice on key IT trends and challenges.
- Understand investment trends and strategies in key regional markets and globally
- Anticipate risk technology needs and peer strategies
- Financial services–centric perspectives on regional and global IDC IT research
- Access concise briefings and advice on key risk IT trends and challenges facing chief risk officers and their staff
IDC Financial Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-fi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Financial Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Financial Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.
Associate Research Director, Financial Services Advisory, IDC Financial Insights Asia/Pacific